8| 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘴

/𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥/

𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

I should've expected something like this when James said party. Red LED lights, massive amounts of sweaty people dancing. His huge house, even bigger than Nina's. We walked in and I was taken back by the huge crowd on the main floor.

Alexander and James received a loud cheer when they arrived and walked around to talk to people. Nina took my hand and led me to a space in the living room that was relatively un crowded.

"I'm gonna get us some drinks. What do you want?" She shouted over the music.

"Coke,"

"Got it," She left to get us drinks and I stood watching the people jump up and down. It smelled like sweat and smoke. I could barely breathe. I'm not sure why but the entire vibe of the whole night was different. Everything was so....intense.

"Hey,"

I looked up and saw a cute boy with brown hair and blue eyes looking at me.

"I saw you standing, thought I might get you a drink," He smiled, charmingly.

I took the water bottle from his hands and looked at it. The cap was still sealed so I assumed it was okay. "Thanks," I said.

"Corvina, I got your drink!" Nina quickly walked over to me. "Sorry Nathan, I have to talk to her."

Suddenly annoyed, Nathan just rolled his eyes and walked away. Nina led me to the back patio outside where the air was a lot clearer and I could hear her a lot better. She snatched the water bottle out of my hands.

"Don't drink this."

"Why? It's still sealed?" I asked.

She squeezed the water bottle and the tiniest spurt of water came out from under the label, "He used a syringe."

My eyes widened. Guess never take a drink from a stranger really applies to everything.

"I'm gonna pour this out. I'll be right back," she quickly left me again and I looked up at the full moon.

I always forget how bright it is until I see it again.

"Why are you alone?"

I felt the warmth of his presence behind me suddenly and I could smell his cologne. It was much more pleasant than the scent that was inside the house. I turned around to face Alex and I took a step backward, taken aback by how good he looked in the moonlight.

He chuckled and walked forward, pressing his body to mine, "Do you see something you like, Corey?"

"Stop calling me that." I huffed.

"Why?" he whispered as his eyes softened. He pushed a piece of hair behind my ear, "am I making you uncomfortable?"

The sincerity in his voice surprised me and I felt my chest warm a little. My heart was pounding and the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. I calmed myself down a little. 

"No," I said softly.

It was true. It was pretty cold outside and his jacket wasn't really cutting it anymore. His body heat radiating off him and I enjoyed it. Another part of me also didn't want to give him the satisfaction of me saying yes.

"Good," Alexander whispered deeply, his face slowly nearing mine. I swallowed, thickly and looked at his lips as they approached mine. My eyes naturally fell shut and I waited for them to press against mine.