Chapter 2

Jimin's life didn't always consist of constant hospital trips, he had a great childhood filled with happiness. Being the youngest in his family he got away with a lot of things. He was the young kid that everyone wished to protect constantly. To get out of any problems he would pout his way out with his eyes all glassy. What can it be said his entourage was weak for his cuteness.

At a young age Jimin lost both his parents in a tragic accident. They didn't think that they would leave their two sons this early when they went out that day on a small romantic getaway. After their death Jimin and his older brother Seokjin were in custody of their maternal grandmother.

Their grandmother was the loveliest, lived alone in a small house but always made sure to visit her grandsons. She only had them and they were her reason to continue her life all in happiness. Both boys loved their grandmother as much and she didn't once make them think that they lacked any love. She was there with them during every step giving them guidance like their parents would.

Seokjin being the oldest had a lot more on his shoulder it was hard to explain to his little brother why was their life was different then other little kids of their age. He was only 3 years older than Jimin but his younger brother considered him as his everything. Jimin admired his brother a lot and so Jin made sure to be the best example possible providing the correct guidance to his brother.

After the lost of their parents things started getting bad they had to move away from their old house to a house that they bought in a small community. Several joints apartments forming a circle created the little society. At first it was a bit unsettling because they weren't use to the closeness but throughout the years they developed a close relationship with all the other neighbours. They certainly don't see a life without them.

*At around 12 years old Jimin was rushed to the hospital. He fainted on the cold floor of their house, luckily a neighbour saw through the clear window that the kid was lying on the floor. As the message was sent to his grandmother and brother, he was urgently brought to the hospital. Staffs, doctors were rushing around to take care of the young child trying to understand what could have happened. He was only 12 after all.

As Jimin was still unconscious but out of danger, the doctors announced to his grandmother that Jimin had a serious heart damage that could cost his life as he would grow older. The only solution was to start finding for a heart donor. Aware that it was a hard thing to do they kept their hopes up letting them know that for now small treatments can help his situation get less worse until at one point it would be no use. Because he was still young the damages were only starting. Once he would reach his 20s that's when things would get harder and so finding a donor was extremely important. The earlier the transplant is completed the earlier Jimin can get better.

Everyday was with no colours for Jimin during his early teen years he still got the time to spend some time with his family back home with few trips here and there. Towards the end his situation got worse than before and had to permanently stay within the four walls of the hospital.

His grandmother and brother would always come and visit him when they got the chance too. They didn't want to leave Jimin alone at any cost but they felt helpless in a situation where it was a matter of death and life.

Jimin feels less lonely when his family visits him and especially when you add Hoseok in there. Hoseok was a family friend that also lived in their small society. All three boys became the best of friends and for Jin and Jimin, Hoseok was just like a brother to them. The never ending bickering between the two older boys always made Jimin laugh that was a site that his closed ones wished to see everyday.

Jimin's doctor Areum suggested him to have a diary where he could write down any feelings that he wanted to express when not being under the support of the breathing mask. The diary is where he would write down every little things. Despite having his family with whom he could share everything, there was some things that he wished to not bother them with. They already did a lot for Jimin and he certainly didn't want to be a bother. If they knew what he thought about they would definitely take their time to scold him saying "Jimin you would never be a bother to us"