Chapter 5

Darkness is all that could be seen. The small apartment that was once filled with laughters was now soundless. You could drop a pin and it would echo around in every corner. Right by the door numerous letters & mail created a mountain in front blocking the passage way. One step inside and things were seen to be scattered on the floor. The vases that were once adorned with the blooming flowers were broken in several pieces. The flowers had all dried up, and had died with the lack of care that was given.

The food in the fridge had molded as it was left there without anyone touching it. The trash has not been taken out either and everything was piling up in a corner. In the bedroom photo albums were scattered on the floor, clothing that were once worn by the deceased girl.

When stepped a foot in the bathroom a body could be seen through the shower doors. The water was running down and the room was humid with how everything had fogged up. Jungkook was seen to be crouched down hugging his knees. No movements, no emotions. He was simply staring at a blind spot up to the furthest wall in front of him.

Losing Areum caused the boy to lose all his senses. He didn't know when and how did he even end up in this situation. All he could feel was pain, a numbness in his body. What would even be his purpose to carry on with his life when his life was within Areum's. Her leaving, her not being close to him and not being to hear her heart beating anymore.

He wasn't even able to sleep. Each time he would close his eyes, the passing away of his lover would come back to haunt him. Seeing her there laying on the bed, holding in her eyes all her pain.

She knew she wouldn't survive and it hurts Jungkook even more. To think that that day nothing was supposed to go wrong. He had everything prepared to finally make her his for lifetime but the universe had something else planned. He might have been impulsive when asking her to marry him but he wanted her to at least have one happy moment within all the pain. One happy moment to carry with her up there.

Honestly speaking he didn't even know how he found strength to even come back home. After seeing Areum breathe her last few breaths he was taken away by Namjoon to "calm down"

Their cars were parked close by and to not create a ruckus right in front of the hospital that was the safest place to let out any emotions that were threatening to get out from Jungkook's body. If it wasn't for Namjoon, the car would have been destroyed. Jungkook was ready to take a rock that was close by to break the windows of his car or anything that could possibly cause destruction.

Stepping inside his car and he slammed the door as hard as he could. He repeatedly started to hit his head on the steering wheel as tears were threatening to fall. Going in for another hit his forehead fell was blocked from the hardness of the steering wheel.

"Don't cause yourself more pain, let it out by crying, by talking to me but don't hurt yourself like this" Namjoon carefully removed his hand and kept an eye on the other boy in case he would proceed to do something else that would be injurious.

"How can Yoongi hyung even think of giving Areum's heart away to a stranger, to another person. My Areum's heart." so many aspects were causing him pain it was like a tornado inside his brain, his body and his heart. He didn't know what to think, where to even start. Everything was gradually bottling up.

"That was her last wish, wasn't it? He told us that. You know how Areum was always thinking about other people. As much as you hate it she would be relieved to see that she saved someone in need...whoever is to receive her heart they probably had a lot going through their lives don't you think? A heart is what gives someone the capability to live"

"I could care less of what they go through. I don't want anyone to have her heart."

"We both know that you care deep inside. You care for everyone around you Jungkook. The circumstances that we ended up in weren't in our control but think of how the life of someone would get better with this transplant...