𝐕. 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐞

Chapter Five
CHARITY CASE

     Halloween was an important holiday when it came to teenagers

Halloween was an important holiday when it came to teenagers. Especially the ones that attended West Valley High. It was the one time a year where people could pretend to be someone they weren't. They could step out their comfort zone and test the waters. That's why it was Mara's favorite holiday. Well also because her birthday was in October.

     It had been a few weeks ago but Mara never did anything anyway. She had just spent the day over at Eli's house and his Mom had made her a giant cake. Demetri had come too and the three just spent the day hanging out together.

It had also been a few weeks since the video incident. Mara had been ignoring Moon successfully so far. She could still feel the girl sneaking glances her way during class but she refused to give her any attention. Of course the two still had to talk when they did lab work but other than that no other words were spoken between them.

Moon had, however, wished her happy birthday and gave her a present. She had slipped the small package and card into Mara's bag when she wasn't looking and the girl hadn't seen it until she got home that day. She had left it on her dresser and was reluctant to open it. She thought maybe this was Moon's way of apologizing since Mara had forbidden the girl from speaking to her.

Mara had been watching tv on the couch when her phone alarm went off that told her it was time to start getting ready for the dance. She stopped it and went to her room to get ready. She had one hour to do her hair, makeup, and put on her costume before she had to pick up Eli and Demetri. The latter lived on the complete opposite side of town so it would be a bit of a drive.

She switched on the light in her closet and grabbed the pieces of clothing she needed. She pulled out a purple long sleeve turtleneck and a white skirt that she had bought a few weeks ago.
She put them on and walked over to the full-body mirror that was in her closet. She twisted so she could see how she would look from behind and admired the way her butt looked in the skirt. The skirt stopped at her mid-thigh and the long-sleeved purple turtleneck she was wearing was tight against her chest. She had to admit she looked hot. She tucked her shirt in before returning to her closet and grabbing the white gogo boots that went up to right beneath her knees.

     The next thing she needed to do was her hair. She had bought some fake bangs the other day since she didn't feel like cutting her own. She walked into her bathroom and placed the bangs on the counter. Picking up her straightener that she had let heat she quickly straightened her hair. When she was done she put the bangs on and unplugged the iron. She opened the top drawer on her left and pulled out a purple headband that perfectly matched her shirt. She was almost done.

The only thing left to do was her makeup. She went with some foundation, blush, mascara, and purple eyeshadow. She just put some lipgloss on her lips to finish the look.