𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐘

Chapter Nineteen
TORY WITH A Y

     Mara was on her daily run when her phone started to ring

Mara was on her daily run when her phone started to ring. She answered it and was immediately met with Demetri yelling. "Mara your Sensei is crazy! Both of them! He punched me in the face! I had to get stitches!"

"Did you deserve it," she asked as she kept running.

"Did I deserve it? Who deserves to get punched in the face?"

"Sometimes I want to punch you in the face. What did you say to him?"

"All I said was that he should get his tattoo redone because it wasn't anatomically correct! I was just being helpful."

"Annoying. You were probably being annoying. Look Demetri I'm sorry he did that to you but you have to toughen up if you want to join Cobra Kai. You can't get scared because you were punched in the face one time."

"That's what Eli said."

"Well, Hawk was right."

"His name isn't Hawk. Why are you calling him that?"

"We might not be on the best terms right now Demetri but I still respect him. The name makes him confident so we should support it."

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

Mara sighed. "Bye Demetri." She hung up and turned her music back on to finish her run.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     Mara made it to practice at a reasonable time after her run. She had gone 10 miles today and had been running all morning. When she walked into the dojo Sensei Kreese was in a conversation with Hawk and Aisha. "Morning, Sensei."

     Kreese looked a little upset at the fact that she called him Sensei but he quickly hid it and smiled at her. "Morning Mara. How was your run?"

     "Pretty good. Got a good 10 miles in." He nodded and she walked into the backroom to get changed. She put her hair into a ponytail and walked back out into the dojo.

     "Listen up! I see we've got some new recruits." Sensei Lawrence walked up to the front of the room. "Everybody fall in! In neat rows and lines. Time to see what your made of."

     Mara took her place at the front of the line farthest to the right. Gia was behind her as always and Aisha was beside her at the front of her own line. Sensei Kreese stood beside Sensei Lawrence.