𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

Chapter Twenty-Three
GLORY OF LOVE

     "Ok, what about Friday," Mara asked Tory

     The girl shook her head and continued to stretch. "Can't. I'm working at the roller rink."

     "We have to find a way to hang out sometime. Our pool needs a break from Ryan. He's going to turn into a fish soon."

     Miguel laughed. "How about we all go to the roller rink?"

     Mara looked at the boy and shook her head. "You do realize half of our friend group is dating. I don't think Tory wants to spend her Friday around a bunch of couples."

     "But think about the free hot dogs and chicken nugs. Ryan loves chicken nugs."

     Tory look at him confused but she still kept her playful grin. "Free? Not for you. You gotta pay up."

     Miguel shrugged his shoulders. "I'll splurge."

     Tory laughed at him. "All right, you guys can come on your little double date. I'll be busy working most of the time anyway so I won't be bothered. You guys gotta wear costumes though. It's 80s night."

"I call dibs on Kelly Kapowski!"

Miguel looked at her confused not knowing who that was. "Who is that?"

Mara and Tory both looked at each other with wide eyes before looking at Miguel. "You're telling me you've never seen Saved By The Bell?"

The boy shook his head. "I love the 80s but I've never seen that. Oh, I call dibs on Anthony Michael Hall in Weird Science."

Tory snorted. "I don't think you have to call dibs on that."

Mara laughed and went back to stretching. She saw Hawk come into the dojo and Miguel left them to go talk to him. The two did their handshake and went separate ways. "What was that all about," she asked Miguel.

     "Just making sure we're ok after the challenge yesterday."

     "Why didn't you just ask him at the sleepover?"

     "I was uh busy."

      Mara was confused for a second before she scrunched up her face. "Do you guys ever stop?"

      "I mean he's hot. What do you expect me to do? Just look at him?"

     "Everybody fall in!" The three looked up to see Sensei standing at the front of the room. They all stood up and walked to their spots and Mara took hers in the front. "Today, we'll be learning one of the most important lessons a Cobra Kai could ever know."

     "Where's Sensei Kreese," Hawk interrupted.

     "Yeah. Shouldn't we wait for the Sensei emeritus before we get going?"