Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Foxes

"Huh? You want me to take him to see Inari-san?"

"Yeah. He's a new member here. Go and say hello." Inugami gestures towards Kabane.

"Ugh, I just can't deal with that woman, " Shiki grumbles.

"Inari?" Kabane inquires.

"Yeah," Inugami responds. "Inari Yoko. She is a kitsune Kemono, but she holds power within the police. When you're a detective, you have to ask them for a lot of favours. I told her that you would be coming. Have these guys show you the way."

"So many people..."

The four of you didn't waste any time and went out to meet Inari immediately. Shiki lead the way while you, Akira and Kabane walk slowly behind him, showing Kabane around the place.

"I know! I know! I was surprised the first time I saw them all, too."

"I'm still nervous around this many humans."

"Hey!" Shiki calls out. "Make sure to keep up." Akira and Kabane continue to converse when Akira points out something. "Ah! Kabane-kun! (Y/N)! That's the shop that caught my attention!" You look towards a small cafe which was coloured in different shades of blue and white. 'Very Akira like,' You think.

Akira takes both of you by the hands and runs towards the cafe. Shiki suddenly stops all of you by stepping in front. "I told you to keep up, remember?!" With him keeping a close eye now, it didn't take long to reach the police station.

"This is it?"

"Shinjuku Police Station. Let's go."

You enter the tall building and head towards the counter. Shiki talks to the policeman. "Huh? Superintendent Inari? I don't know where you heard whatever you did, but the superintendent is a busy woman. There's no way she's going to see a bunch of children like you."

"I told you, we have an appointment!" Shiki argues.

"Nobody told me about it."

"Look, just confirm it with her, would you?!"

The two exchange arguments back and forth when a girl walks up to you. "Who's that? A girl?" Akira asks. The guy who was talking to Shiki before stands up from his seat. "Oh, Kon-chan, what's up? Running an errand for Superintendent Inari?"

The girl, now known as Kon, ignores the man. "Which one of you is Kabane?"

"I am."

"I see. Inari-sama is asking for you. Come with me."

Shiki mocks the policeman and tries to follow Kon. "Hold it. She only wants Kabane. Not you other three." She stops. "I'll be right back, " Kabane says and leaves with her.

"Gah! What is the deal with that girl!"

With nothing else to do, the three of you go and wait next to the entrance. You lean against the wall, watching some videos beside Shiki, who was sitting on the bench while Akira took selfies outside.

Just like that, half an hour passes by. "Aw, this is taking too long! This is why I didn't wanna come!" Shiki complains, tapping his foot impatiently. "Calm down, it's only been 30 minutes, " You reply. Shiki didn't listen to you instead he got even angrier when Akira showed him his pictures.