Chapter 6

Chapter 6
Awakening

"I'm so sorry. My hand slipped while steering, and the enemy was alerted to us being here."

"If it was an accident, what could you do?"

"Mihai-san, you're surprisingly clumsy, huh?"

'No, no, that was a lie just now wasn't it.' You decided not to voice out your thought though.

After the kanonba became aware of Shiki's presence, you along with Akira and Kabane, immediately left your hiding spot and headed towards where Shiki was. Naturally, all the doors and windows would be locked so you used the building's garage to look for an entrance.

"I've hacked the building's security system. Hurry. Shiki is in danger, " Mihai informed.

"Oh...?" A voice was suddenly heard. A figure walked out from the shadows. It was one of the kanonba sisters. "I spy some rats!" She attacked but Kabane was able to beat her effortlessly. "Have you seen another kid? Please cooperate with us, " You say.

"Hah? How should I know? They're probably long dead, " She scoffed. "It certainly has been a while since he responded, " Kabane bluntly stated.

"But...there's no way! Right, (Y/N)?!" Akira freaked out.

"He's probably fine. Mihai-san is also with him after all, " You reassure. 'He's also the reason we're in this mess.' You try to ask the woman for more information. "Now, tell us anything else you know?"

"What are you talking about? Why would I?" She snarled back.

"I know. Excuse me for a moment." Kabane moved behind her and grabbed her right arm behind her back. "What? Stop that brat–" Then there was a loud snapping sound. "Tell me everything you know or I'll break your fingers one by one, " Kabane threatened.

"K-Kabane-kun, where did you learn something like that?" Akira stuttered as he tried to look away.

"I remember a while ago my cousin said 'the best way to get someone to talk is through'." He snapped another. "It didn't work on me though." Then another.

"Gruesome but affective, " You approve.

The lady gave up after the third finger and told you the way in. Kabane grabbed her by the hair and dragged her with you to show the way around the place.

The signal was finally able to get through and you could contact Shiki again. "Shiki!" Kabane called. "Do you read me? Are you okay? Akira, (Y/N) and I are heading toward you now. We beat one of them on the way in." Shiki seemed surprised that you managed to beat one. "How are you? You're so strong, I think you'll be fine, " Kabane went on.

"We'll be there soon so hang on for a bit," You tell. The line got cut off again. "Let's hope he's alright." You pick up the pace.

When you get there, you see one of the sisters caught in Shiki's web. "Amazing. Did you do this?" You lightly trace your finger against the network of webs. "Impressive, " Kabane complimented.

"Of course I did. I was getting tired of waiting for you, " Shiki responded.

You allow Shiki to entangle the other one up in the sticky net as well. With both of them restraint, you could discuss your plan on what to do with them and what to do for the third one. "So, what do we do now?"