Self Love - Motivational Story

Hey everyone, This time we are back with a short motivational story. Hope you find some motivation after reading this. 

Princess Rhivera solemnly handed over her crown to her father who eyed her with pure hatred and displeasure yet Rivi was not fazed. She had a gentle smile tugging at her lips. Her aura had a sense of calmness, something which no one in the giant hall could muster. She duly flung her veil to the back as she stepped down the rather long alley with courage on her shoulders that everyone had failed to strip her of.

Rivi quickened her steps so that her unladylike attitude would not be witnessed by the so called "studious" and "chivalrous" men who watched every step as she made with no hesitation or remorse. Her mind and heart galloped with every passing second and as soon as the hall doors closed behind her, her rigid posture, facial expression and manner of walking severely untensed and became more relaxed.

The guards at the door grinned at her, they adored the princess not only them everyone who was not a royal loved Rivi- because she has a heart of gold and most of all she was comfortable in her own skin. She never did anything that she didn't like and wrong. She followed procedure but she knew who was right and who was wrong. She forgave when people cannot. This was why people loved her. Her selfless sense that she didn't lose over the years of training she had been pushed to be a princess.

Still standing ahead the hall doors, she removed her gown sighing in relief when she could finally breathe in her pants and shirt she wore underneath. she threw the gown to a corner and hopped away.

Happily gliding through the streets of Avenville her thoughts ran back to the incidents that led to her present predicament. She had said "no" to her father, his majesty in front of all the magistrates and other royals. Highly unacceptable of a princess. She was asked to marry a prince of the neighbouring kingdom, lie to him so that the kingdom will belong to them and she had outright refused. Why? Well, because she now knew what it meant to love herself and she was in love with a woman and a beautiful maiden who had stolen her heart and taught her what loving oneself was, on an autumn evening as she was strolling through the streets 3 years ago.

Lucy had ungracefully knocked on her and both of them had tumbled on to the pebbly road groaning in pain. She had apologized and Rivi started fancying her company. She looked and felt so free, a feeling she was unaware of. Although she had done what she knew was right. The feeling of freedom was not in her bones.

After her mother outrageously died from an unknown illness she had been locked up in her giant room with none to talk. Her happiness began to thin and her health started to decline. Her eating habits became addictive that she would go few days without food and only water or wine that she had stolen from a stack that belong to her father.

Initially everybody in the castle thought the behaviour would change but later her depression started to settle and she felt numb. She had no one to talk to and no one to feel safe with thus she resorted to cut herself and the crimson beads that escaped had brought her comfort.

But one fine day she had cut too much that she felt her mortality coming to an end when a maid found her near the tub unconscious. Everybody was upset since she was trusted, loved and treasured by the villagers. Hence, the doctor had advised her to go out strolling so that she would feel less lonely.

That is when Lucy met her. Lucy was carefree, so she wasn't aware of Rivi's burdens but she felt that Rivi had a lot going on than she let on. This was revealed when she had uncaringly folded the sleeves of her gown, asking her to practice swordsmanship with her. Rivi then felt ugly due to the scars that marked her beautiful fair skin. Rivi wanted to run away but Lucy held her.

She brought her near the Himes river and sat down. She held onto Rivi's hands lightly brushing the tips against her scars and coaxed her into pouring her heart and she did. She soothed her and calmed her and said something she would never forget.

"princess a person's beauty is not measured from her fairness and unmarked skin but her heart. A person's care is not measured from words but actions and a person's wealth is not measured by riches but their close friends. And last but not least you need to love yourself to love someone else and without loving yourself you would never achieve greatness because you hadn't taken care enough to be recognized. You need to be comfortable in your own skin and stand up for yourself. You need to let others know that you are capable"

Rivi was dragged back to reality when a pair of green eyes and red hair caught her attention. She smiled, a genuine one. She had kept Lucy's advice deep in her heart and throughout the years she had practiced her words and what her heart felt now was amazing. Lucy beckoned her to come closer and when she did, she wrapped her arms around Rivi and said,

"I'm proud of you my princess. You love yourself and respected your decisions. I value you and give you my heart will you receive it?" tears gathered in the corner of Rivi's eyes. She chuckled shyly and answered, "yes my dear maiden, now that I know to love myself I will receive your heart, my treasure and keep it safe" ending her heartfelt speech with a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Lucy removed her arms from around Rivi's neck and entwined their fingers walking away from the castle towards a future with love. A smile on their faces and love for themselves as well as each other as the dusk invaded the alley. 

Story credits to RovenaNatasha

That's all for today. See you all soon with another update. 

Keep smiling and Have a great day.

-TEEN FIX