#61: A Game Of Billiards

Dazai comfortably crosses his legs in his chair, whiskey in hand, as he watches his source of entertainment for the day.

A game of billiards.

Was he going to pick up a pool stick and take part in the game? No. Dazai was good at many things, but billiards was not one.

But that was okay with him. Instead he gets to sit back and watch a certain redhead play the game instead, phasing out his current partner and ex-subordinate, taking part in this game as well.

"I admire your skill, Chuuya."

Dazai sips his whiskey and looks up at his hatted ex-partner as he hits the cue ball. He glances over at the brunette as the balls roll on the table.

"Thank you."

A smirk forms on Dazai's lips as he watches Chuuya place down the chalk and aim the pool stick once more.

"Maybe after this, you can hold my stick like that, too~"

A loud thud is heard, the sound of Chuuya dropping the billiard stick. He feels heat creep up his face and turns to scowl at the taller man.

Dazai just winks and sticks out his tongue at the shorter man.

"What's wrong, mon petit? Bow tie in a twist?"

Chuuya seethes as he bends down to pick up his stick.

"Fufu, next time you drop that, make sure you're facing the other way when you bend over~"

"Fuck off, shitty Dazai."

Dazai surprisingly does not jump on the opportunity to make a joke at Chuuya's word choice as he leans back in his chair, smug expression returning as he watches the redhead lean over the table again to hit the cue ball.

He bites his lip. God, Chuuya was gorgeous.

Chuuya scoffs, aware of the reddish brown eyes on him. "Y'know, Dazai, you could make yourself useful here and pick up a pool stick and actually play instead of gawk at me with your jaw unhinged."

Dazai kicks a foot up and rests it on the edge of the table.

"Oh, Chuuya. You know that isn't my style."

He takes another sip of whiskey, shivering as the strong beverage burns his throat.

"Besides, I'd rather wait to hold a stick--"

Chuuya whacks Dazai's foot with the butt end of the stick in his hands before he can finish, causing him to fall from his chair, spilling his drink.

He sits up and looks up at Chuuya, sticking out his lower lip. "Aww, come now, Chuuya. You don't have to be so mean."

Chuuya turns his back to the brunette and grinds chalk against the wooden stick. "You're lucky I didn't poke your eye out, you bastard."

Dazai scrambles to his feet, but decides to not cozy himself back on his throne. Instead, he goes back to the table and rests his chin on his hand and rests his elbow against the wood of the table.

He looks up at Chuuya.

"I think this spot will provide me with a better view."

Chuuya sneers. "I think that spot will provide me better opportunities to hit you in the face with the cue ball."

Dazai opens his mouth to retort, but Chuuya presses a finger to his lips before he can say anything.

"Don't you fucking dare."

Dazai--shockingly--obeys, and relaxes his shoulders to watch his ex-partner play billiards. He is awfully silent, which is perplexing.

Chuuya pauses and looks down at the man, who is in turn looking up at him.