#70: Now We're Even

"Chuuya-kun, there's someone here to see you."

Chuuya puts a hand on his hat and pushes it back, opening his eyes from his attempt at a nap. What the...who the hell would be here to see me?

"Here to see me?" Kouyou nods her head. "Who the hell would want to see me right now?"

"I don't recognize him. He just came in here and asked for you."

Chuuya spaces out in thought and attempts to deduce who would be here to see him. That his Ane-san wouldn't recognize, for whatever reason.

He…?

Could it be someone that Mori-sensei has sent for the redhead. He thinks about what his superior would need from him...alas, nothing. And he sees no reason why he would send anyone Chuuya's way.

Drawing a blank, the redhead shakes his head. "Alright then, let him in."

Chuuya takes his seat back in his chair and closes his eyes. After his futile attempt at sleep last night, he was left fairly tired. There were no duties for him to fulfill today, so he assumed that he would be able to catch up on some of the sleep he lost to nightmares of the vampire under the blue moon, looking for him.

His eyes open upon hearing a far too familiar voice, that was most certainly one of the last voices he expected to hear.

"Chuuya~"

Chuuya's eyes swing open and he sees a lanky brunette standing in front of him, grinning ear to ear.

He subconsciously stands from his chair. This man could warrant any reaction out of him in the book. It's a throw of the dice, really.

"H-how the fuck did you get here??"

Dazai sticks his hands in his pockets and his smile morphs into a matter-of-fact smirk. "I crossed the border. How else would I get here, silly?"

Borders are believed to have been generated all over the world by the experimental accident regarded as "Babel." Vampires, who were also created by Babel, are the only ones that can cross the borders. If a human were to jump in there…

"But...how...you…"

Dazai presses a finger into his cheek. "Fufu, you're cute when you don't know what to say."

Chuuya's face flushes as Dazai kicks the door shut.

"I got Akutagawa-kun to escort me here."

Chuuya frowns and crosses his arms. "Got or manipulated?"

Dazai laughs a loud, hearty laugh. A laugh that rings in Chuuya's ears. A laugh that resonates in his head. A laugh that makes his heart twist.

"There really is no mystery left between us anymore, huh~?"

Chuuya still has unanswered questions. Utterly confused how the human so easily got into the vampire world, and left unscathed.

"How did you get past all the vampires? If they learned you're a human, you--"

"Ah, but I was one step ahead." Dazai pulls away his collar and reveals a pendant pressing against his bandaged skin. "Akutagawa-kun also gave me a pomander. I'll have no issues. It's sweet you're worried, though~"

"I'm not worried."

Dazai laughs again. "A vampire and a tsundere! You really are the whole package, aren't you, Chuuya?"

Chuuya scoffs. He was going to tell the brunette to shut up, but he knows he would be walking right into Dazai's words. So he remains silent.

A human. That's what Dazai is. And Chuuya's a vampire. Months ago, they at last confessed their feelings they had bubbling up inside them for so long (Dazai had a much easier time confessing than Chuuya), and began seeing each other regularly. However, Chuuya had business to attend to in his realm the past few days, and today, he wanted to avoid the brunette so he could get some sleep. But, of course, the brunette had to come in and mess with him, like always.