#15: Warm

Chuuya did not know why he always made that decision on cold nights. A normal person would get a blanket. Not Chuuya.

Instead he grabbed one of Dazai's trenchcoats and wrapped it around himself.

It was thinner than a blanket. It wasn't as soft as one, either. But it kept him warm.

And it smelled like Dazai.

Which was always comforting.

What was more comforting was that Dazai had no idea Chuuya did this. He couldn't let Dazai see him vulnerable like this. Especially when he's cocooned himself in one of Dazai's coats.

He knew he'd never hear the end of it.

And that night proved him to be correct.

Without warning, Dazai picked the lock in the front door.

"Hey, Chibi. I brought you some wine. I think I left my coat--"

Dazai cut himself off when he found his coat--around Chuuya.

Their eyes met. Chuuya wanted to kick off the coat, but he was already snug.

"This means nothing," he coughed, breaking their eye contact.

"Aww, did little Chuuya miss me?" Dazai teased.

"I'm giving you five seconds to run out that door," Chuuya threatened. He wasn't going to move, though. He was too comfortable.

"What are you doing, all wrapped up in my coat?"

"I got cold."

"Don't you have blankets?"

"Yes."

"So you chose my coat over a blanket?"

Chuuya didn't respond.

"You'd rather bundle up in one of my coats, huh, Chuuya?"

Chuuya still didn't say anything.

"You missed me so much, huh? Just tell me, Chuuya. It'd be nice to hear those words."

"You're an ass," Chuuya finally said.

Dazai laughed. A laugh that made Chuuya's heart pound. A laugh that made Chuuya hide his face in the coat.

"Aww, what's the matter, Chibikko?" Dazai asked, half-teasing. He walked closer to the couch.

"Fuck you," Chuuya replied. "Fuck you and your stupid laugh, your stupid coat that keeps me warm and smells nice, your stupid peace-offer wine, fuck all of you."

Dazai laughed again and threw himself on the couch beside Chuuya. "I love you too, aibou," he said, smiling. A less mocking smile than he had before.

Chuuya sighed and let the coat slip off his shoulders. Dazai always knew what to say to get whatever reaction he wanted out of him.

"Since I'm here," Dazai proposed, "how about I keep you warm instead of using the coat? It would be more effective."

It would, and Chuuya knew that. And the physical contact would feel better than any coat.

"Fine," Chuuya conceded. "But only because you're here and it's cold."

Dazai took the coat off Chuuya and hung it over the back of the couch. He then pulled Chuuya against his chest and snuggled him close. Chuuya felt himself hugging back.

"I always like these cold nights," Dazai confessed as he nuzzled Chuuya's cheek.

And while he didn't admit it, Chuuya could not help but agree.