Runaway

(Sup guys coming to you with another chapter shoutout to the person who added my fanfic to their reading list. Thank you so much it makes me feel awesome when you all like my fanfics. I would love some input and ideas for future chapters so if you have any put them in the comments. Hope you enjoy the chapter!)

It was around 2 AM and the house was in a beautiful silence with nothing but humming crickets disrupting it, or that's how it was for a while anyway until Inosuke disrupted the calm silence with a distressed deafening scream. 

Zenitzu rushed out as soon as he heard the scream, to see Inosuke writhing and screaming in his bed. The blonde man kneeled down quickly shaking Inosuke in an attempt to wake the distressed man "Inosuke! Inosuke wake-up!" he said shaking Inosuke roughly. Inosuke stopped screaming and whimpered panting as his teary eyes fluttered open and he shot up to a sitting position screaming "Mama! Mama!....Mommy!". Zenitsu quickly sat in front of him hugging him tightly "shh shh you're alright! you're ok your safe, your safe" Inosuke slowly calmed down panting softly as tears rolled down his cheeks. Inosuke rested his chin on Zenitzu's shoulder and clung to his shirt shaking slightly. "You alright?" Zenitzu asked as he held Inosuke close, Inosuke nodded sniffling a bit "nightmare?" Zenitzu questioned, Inosuke nodded once more. "I understand, you ok now?" Zenitsu asked "y-yes" Inosuke replied. Zenitzu let go gently "can I change your bandages?" Inosuke nodded and lifted his arms up a bit as Zenitsu took off his bandages and replaced them with fresh ones. After changing Inosukes bandages Zenitsu got up "goodnight" he said as he started walking to his room. Inosuke bit his lip "Z-zenitzu?" he questioned, Zenitzu turned to look at him "hmm?" Inosuke looked down embarrassed "will you, will you stay with me?" he asked. Zenitzu gave a sympathetic smile "sure" he walked over laying down next to Inosuke wrapping his arms around him. Inosuke blushes softly "t-thanks" he mumbled before slowly drifting off to sleep.

As the sun began to rise zentizu awoke and a pretty pink dusted his cheeks as he saw Inosuke snuggled close to his chest, he ran his fingers through the werewolves hair and heaved a happy sigh before catching himself. "No" he mumbled to himself "no matter how much I love him. we cannot be together, we shouldn't have even met" he whispers to himself as he felt Inosuke shift and watched his emerald eyes open. "hey," Inosuke said sleepily, Zenitzu smiled "Hey how'd you sleep?" Inosuke smiled "I slept good, after you got in bed with me" Inosuke flirts. Zenitsu cleared his throat getting up and walking to the kitchen "right, what do you want for breakfast?" Zenitsu exclaimed quickly changing the subject. "Steak" he replies his carnivorous side making an appearance. Zenitzu looked back "steak? for breakfast?" well, alright" he rplied back hesitantly assuming it was just Inosuke being the carinvourous wolf he was so he got to cooking. 

As Inosuke and Zenitzu finished breakfast Zenistu took the last bite of his food and smiled. "So I figured we would go for a walk today seeing as your healing so well, what do you think?"  Zenitzu asked smiling softly. Inosuke practically leaped out of his seat "Hell ya!" he yelled happily letting out a hearty "whoo! let's go!". He pulled his pants on over his underwear along with his pelt. Zenitzu laughed "ok settle down wolfie, we're going slow your still injured remember." Zenitzu replied going to get dressed and coming back a few minutes later. "can we go now let's go, bro, I'm so ready!" Inosuke rushed outside excitedly. "Slow down beastie you're injured!" Zenitzu said fumbling with his shoes and rushing out grabbing onto Inosukes arm Inosuke sniffed the air  "Screw slow!" he said rushing into the woods. Zenitzu grumbled running after him, "Inosuke slow down!" Zenitzu squinted to see not Inosuke but a whole ass wolf running ahead of him. "Woah..." Zenitzu breathed out, stopping for a moment before catching up with him. "Inosuke?" he questioned the large grey wolf gave a nod bounding and leaping around him before transforming back human. "That's me!" Inosuke said smiling softly. They sat in comfortable silence for a moment, enjoying each other's company.

The men spent the day talking getting to know each other and rolling around in the dewy cold morning grass, they shared a few romantic moments that made a nice balance with the friendly ones. "Ahahah! got ya!" Inosuke said having caught the blonde, pinning him to a large oak tree. Inosuke chuckled, as Zenitzu gave a bashful smile that made Inosuke blush and lean in a bit. Zenitzu went bright red as Inosuke pressed his lips to his, enjoying it for a moment before putting his hands on Inosukes chest pushing him away. "N-no! get off!" Zenitzu said as Inosuke stumbled back "w-what?" Inosuke said his eyebrows furrowed into a sad expression. Zenitzu whimpered and started walking away. Inosuke repeated his question in more detailed words "Zenitsu what, what did I do wrong!". Zenitzu turned around "everything! we can't be together we would never work! don't you understand!... I don't like you! Now come on, we're going home". Inosuke frowned and simply nodded. The walk home was silent, a solemn, tense vibe swirled around the two men as they arrived home at around dusk. Neither one of them spoke until Inosuke crawled into bed. "S-sleep with me?" Inosuke suggested hesitantly. Zenitzu turned his head slightly, and Inosuke looked up at him hopefully. But his hope was soon tarnished as Zenitzu didn't respond and just walked to his room.

Inosuke lied for hours in the silence of the night not closing his eyes once, he felt rejected unwanted, and sad. After struggling to sleep for hours he thought he would leave, as he felt that's what Zenitzu  wanted so he got up and slipped his shoes on tiptoeing to the door opening it as quietly as possible and slipping into the darkness of the deep woods.