19. ●Dawn●

The starry night, the chilly drafts, the crazy weather of Lal Tibba, Mussoorie embraced her with open arms, a place she visited myriad time before.
That feels like eons ago, a decade ago.

Last time she was here with him. Those memories were enclaved deep inside her heart, perhaps deeper in her soul.

The breezes playing among themselves, the clouds whispering shyly, as they witness two young love bird immersed in themselves.

"Isn't the view beautiful Maya?"

He asked looking at the sky full of shimmering stars, telling a story of their own.
The midnight glory is slowly fading as the clouds came to play hide and seek.

"It is"
She replied, looking at him.

Nothing in the universe is as serene as him for her. Her hazel brown orbs have found galaxies of in his charcoal one, a universe where every bit is a mystery to her, perhaps she wants to know all of those secrets.

"I'm gonna miss this place honestly." He whispered, rubbing his hand together.

"I know. That's why I asked you to be here with me, one last time."

"One last time? I know you are gonna come here every next day."

"No. I'm not."
She said truthfully.
A habit of Amaya Kareem, she speaks the truth, always.

"Why so? You love this."

"Exactly, I love this. And without you, this won't be the same ever again."

"So what about the sunrises?"

"Our school have quite a view of that."

"So without me, you won't.."

"..Without you, nothing feels the same."

Sitting here alone is no less than a nightmare to her. Yet a bitter truth she had a lived a life with. Amaya had lost her galaxies, and herself a long ago.

The breeze peppering kisses on her face, for once she can feel his presence among them. Pain stays, everywhere, anyhow.

Depths of her love have long lost its rights in those starry nights. Now the twilight is witnessing yet another lonely hour of her. The breezes here dances amongst each other, they carry the essence of yesterdays happening.

The starry night is slowly fading as the drawn is here, the sun is making an arrival slowly, accompanying with it carries hope.
A week had gone, she had left her home.

Home, Zain Amir.

She sighed and dialled an unknowingly known number, nine four three four eight three five nine seven nine, as usual, her hands tremble a little.

"Can you meet me at Qutub Minar, tonight?"

Past should remain the history, but now it's making an approach towards her present, and she can't ruin it. She has a newly healed heart to protect, a home to return to.