11. ●Petrichor●

Ex-boyfriend's wife.

He is married now.
He did fulfill her wish.

And what she did?
Trapped herself in the box of past, lived a life putting her heart behind a curtain of pains, of faded memories.

She had taken years to come over her past, with that she had taken years away from Zain's life.
Zain Amir deserves a life.

A smile formed on her lips, a rare smile.

"I don't know what to say to you. But all I want you to know is that he changed, he is a better person now."

He changed, he is a better person now. Exactly what she asked him for.
Years, it took him years to fulfill her wish, but he did it.

"Is he... happy?" she asked,

"I don't know that Amaya. I can't say anything about that. I am finding answer to that question for long now."

"Izza.."

"Amaya I swear, he is good to me. We got married because of the circumstances, but he never failed me."

"You will never leave me alone right?
I won't, I promise."

Yet he did, he left her alone at every point, every minute, yet failed her every time, broke his promise.

"You know Izza, happiness can be found everywhere, even in the darkest of places. You need to find it for him, but before that you need to find it for yourself."

"Means?"

"Are you happy Izza?"
A smile appears on Izza's face, Amaya is surely a gem, even after everything, she wants to know about her happiness.

She is a gem, Izza, a rare gem that I can never afford. So I lost her for good.

"Honestly, I'm trying. I'm studying in London School of Economics. He sometimes comes to meet me here.

We are good that way, happy that way. Next year I'll be moving back, after that I don't know what will happen."

"Why so?"

"It's not easy to have a husband who loves his ex insanely, you know."

He loves her insanely.

A truth she can't deny, a truth that ruined her life. But he is not in love with her.
Another truth that can't be denied.

"That's true he loves his ex insanely. But that doesn't mean he won't love you right. That doesn't mean he won't keep you happy."

"That's why I'm here Amaya. To let you know, he is better now, he changed for better."
She only nodded, and left the cafe, leaving a sighing Izza Qasim behind.

◆●◆●◆

She came back to Park lane with trembling feet.
"Zain called again" Shaziya said as soon as she enters but she only answered with a " hmm"