23.●Aeonian●

The wind stilled as silence immerses them. The settling sun carrying away the hearty laughs along, the past pain comes to the surface as the truth is about to fill the surrounding.

He gulps. She smiles a sad smile.

He whispers, "Was it.. was it you?"

She nodded in assertive. He gulps. "How?"

And then she sighs, rubbing her hands off on her white dress. It is here now, she has to tell him now, everything. But she doesn't want to.
Concealing the pain is a far better option for her, but he deserves to know, she has to tell him.

"I want to know the truth Amaya," He said in a trembling voice.

"I know."

"Tell me then."

She nodded and takes a sit on the couch next to him, he remains there kneeling on the floor, holding the two possessions tight.
The handkerchief and the bracelet.

"That evening back in Lucknow eight year ago, it was me next to you inside the cubicle. The words were mine, the bracelet was mine, Ahmed uncle gifted me that.
I never wanted to give away that any day, but for some reason, I was angry that day so I give that to you. I never got to know that it was yours though until.."

"Until that night when you got the bracelet.." He completes her, she nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me this before then? Why did you leave me like that?" And then he asked it.

"It was .. not painful."

"Painful?"

"To visit the past. To relive the nightmares again. To mourn for my loses again." She said in a haze.

He gulps.
All the suffering of her past and he had been a part of that.

"It started that night when I went back to my apartment. And since then, it was all lost and pain I had, we had."

Pain stays everywhere.

"Past is hard to visit, mine was worse, I lost many things, worst was my ... my baby."

A tear left his eyes but she didn't spill a drop.
How much does she have endured? He knew about her loses, her baby. But it started that night.

He gulps.

"All this while, you were never in love with Hadiya, never," she said it then.

"All this while I was in love with ...you."

She nodded.

Her scent makes the picture clear now, the familiar essence in the air, her essence. It was always been her. And that's where the problem lies.

"I showed a glimpse of the bracelet to Ahad that day." He whispers lowly.

He told him about his undying love, that twenty-one-year immature boy caused pain to a nineteen summer pure soul, without a knowledge of it.