|8|

"Your highness why are we out here without any sort of protection?"

Jeongguk looks around the bustle of the city.It's pretty,very pretty he didn't think he'd get to witness the vibrance of the main city.

But he's confused why the king of roman would waltz himself in public like this without any imperial guard in sight.Even if he has disguised himself with less extravagant clothing.The white cloth wrapped around his head is still unable to hide his gorgeous features and piercing green eyes.

Jeongguk didn't find it necessary to disguise himself as well because nobody knows him in this city.Not yet at least.

In the tournament he'll either be known as the next champion respected and worshipped or another fallen warrior swept away from memories.Because only victory matters not how you won.In a battle of blood morals won't assure your survival.

His thoughts are put to a halt when he hears a scoff from his side where a taehyung rolls his eyes hands on his hips.

"Don't ruin the fun jeongguk-ah.I'll never be able to enjoy myself with numerous guards looming over my head.Or are you implying that you aren't enough to protect your master?"

The familiarity in which taehyung calls him does something to his heart.He doesn't know what it is but his chest aches not in a bad way more like spreading warmth throughout his body.His heartbeat picks up it's pace beating at an irregular rhythm.

"Earth to jeongguk"Taehyung snaps his finger in front of him to get his attention looking at him with raised brows as if he's been trying to get his attention for a while now.He studies taehyung's face properly the dim light from the lanterns decorating the pathway illuminates his face delicately,it inhances his features making him appear ethereal, forest green eyes no longer looking piercing but two deep pool of mystery holding secrets.

He looks good in casual clothing he knows it's stupid but for some reason it feels very intimate.

He blinks awake from his musing goodness he needs to stop doing that every two seconds whenever he's with taehyung.

"Yes!yes I'm listening so what are we going to do here?"

"Oh? wasn't it obvious I am fulfilling your wish"

He chuckles an amused smile on his lips while he drags a stunned jeongguk towards the festival.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Taehyung laughs his heart out looking at the expression jeongguk was making when he sees the roasted hedgehog.

"You never had a hedgehog before" He chuckles and asks him.

"Of course not" A bewildered expression was clear on jeongguk's face he was appalled by the sight of a hedgehog on a skewer.

Taehyung eye's him mischievously "It's good though you should try it"

"Absolutely not" Jeongguk look's at him eyes blown wide.

"Oh come on!Mr.two skewers please" The vendor smiles and passes him two perfect looking meat skewers taehyung hands him 3 copper coins.

"Master I don't think-" Jeongguk gulps looking at the meat in hand.

"Hush! try it"Taehyung takes a perfect bite on the meat,from his facial expression it's clear he likes it.

Jeongguk hesitates for a bit then says fuck it.And he's really surprised when the meat actually tastes good it's tender inside and a bit crisp outside.The tinge of smoked meat goes really well with the sweet and spicy sauce.

"Told you it's good" Taehyung smiles at him bashfuly

They roam around the market trying out everything in sight.Jeongguk is absolutely ecstatic when he tried the dear meat bun and lotus seed bun. while going at it he notices taehyung has a particularly sweet tooth which is very cute in his opinion.

After dancing with the kids in the market they sit under the open sky near the river enjoying the soft breeze,gazing at the countless stars.

"So what's this festival about anyway"Jeongguk asks taehyung who's staring at the stars.

Taehyung scoffs " It's about how to add women in your harem"

"Huh?What do you mean" Jeongguk gives him a confused expression tilting his head to the side.

Their eyes meet each other.Jade meets the ocean and fireworks explode in the sky reflecting in their orbs.

Taehyung slowly answer's "This festival wasn't of any particular importance my late generations were just obsessed with this goddess" He sighs and continues "My great grandfather started this tradition of the water dance every year the water festival would be held and anyone from the region can participate but mostly nobles did that anyway.Whoever performed the best would be added as a consort or given a place in the Royal harem."

"That's completely ridiculous"jeongguk seemed offended by the very idea of it because in his kingdom there was only one lifelong partner for you.

" I know that but my elders?they didn't...they were fools that's why they perished.Tangling themselves in harem affairs neglecting their duties getting betrayed by the beauties they brought home.Filling you with poison and lust.My father died because of his lust and I don't even pity him"Taehyung gazes upon the sky with an unknown anger.

Just when jeongguk was about to say something a rustle comes from the trees above.

He moves in pure instinct he's never acted that fast in his life.An arrow grazes right past his arms.He holds taehyung tightly in his arms.

He can sense a dozen presence looming over them.

Taehyung also realizes what was going on.They quickly move on their feet.Barricating themselves with the thick trunks of willows.

They push their bodies together to hide themselves as best as they can keeping themselves totally quiet.

Movement is heard from the right,soft crunches of fallen leaves alert them about the incoming danger.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Yeah that's all I wrote and decided it'll be a good idea to leave y'all with a cliffhanger.Author is sorry she's dumb :")

That's how I imagined taehyung in this chp pretty right ;)?

Last update before hiatus will miss you guys take this as a parting gift.

The chp didn't come out as I wanted it to but still❤

Leave a comment and vote

Love y'all hunnybees~❤

-Yuki