|5|

"Sire,the ceremony is near what are you planning on doing this year" Livia casually asks her master as if she's just talking with a friend.Taehyung was near on his low desk writing instructions and alliance with neighboring countries .

"Hmm you'll know soon enough,did you prepare the things I asked you to?" Comes his reply without even looking up from the papers in front.

"Yes sire,everything is in place just like you ordered" She gives a short bow to taehyung.Assuring him that everything is perfect.

"Sire are you planning to visit the temple anytime soon?" She looks at him for an answer so that she can be prepared .

"Hmm..yes I was thinking about this evening...maybe a cup of tea with the supreme priestess" He shruggs.

"Prepare the carriage we'll be leaving before sunset" Taehyung dismisses her from his chamber with a wave of his hand.She leaves him alone getting the sign.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Taehyung steps out of his carriage.Temple apprentices already waiting for his arrival all of them wearing neatly stitched robes with some simple ornaments.

He lowers his head a little in front the senior apprentice.She sprinkles some chanted water on him and puts a pleasant smelling cologne behind his ear.A brief ceremonial thing when a royal enters the temple grounds .

The temple and it's residents seem well flourished.After all it's the temple of the water goddess.The late King'smost favoured goddess.

"This way sire,the supreme priestess has been waiting for you eagerly" The senior apprentice moves her hand to show him the way.

"I apologize to have her waiting" He nods at her with a gentle smile.

"No,no sire, please don't apologize I'm sure she wouldn't mind to have been waiting for you.Please let this servant take you to the chambers".Taehyung follows behind her through the stoned stairs.The halways finely varnished with mahogany wood.

Carved characters on the wall.Lavender incense burner set up on the hallways near the priestesses chamber makes the atmosphere more relaxing.Taehyung roams his eyes around everywhere seemingly pleased with the decor and smirks to himself amazed by the fact how the priestesses fancies luxury.

"It's such a pleasure to have you over my humble place,my lord" A lithe feagure who was previously seated on chaise stood up to bow when he entered the chamber.

The supreme priestess was beautiful with a gentle heart shaped face,dips and curves in every perfect place.White satin adorned her body.Long black hair gliding down her back falling on her waist.Black ancient tattoo littered from her arms to her shoulder.Her appearance showed she was fond of luxury her jewelry were few but very fine, precious stone rings adorned her pretty nimble fingers.And taehyung didn't fail to notice that hiding a smirk in disguise of a smile.

Taehyung chuckles briefly,livia eying his actions."It's nothing big.I've been wanting to pay a visit for a while now" He leans back in his seat getting himself comfortable.Thin golden bracelets making a soothing clinking noise from his movements.

"What can this servant do for his humble grace" She talks to him with sugar lacing her tone.Keeping a warm expression in front of him.

Taehyung smiles at her "No need for that,I came here just for a visit with some simple gifts for the temple.I hope the supreme priestess would accept them" He looks at her,one hand on his lap other propped against his cheek posture relaxed .

"If it's from my lord of course I shall" She looks at him expectingly.

Taehyung gestures with his hands to bring in the gifts.The priestess gasped and tried to hide it.But it didn't go unnoticed by the king and he seemed satisfied with the reaction.

She moved her fingers on the silk laying on the wooden table.Silk was the rarest material in Rome.Only royalty had access of them.Her eyes almost bulged out seeing ornaments made of rare gems,few bottles of devine smelling cologne,Jasmine tea and chamomile oil,medicinal herbs and salves created by the Royal physicians.She picked up a golden bangle inspection it.To say she was ecstatic would be an understatement.

"I hope the priestess liked my small gifts" His eye's holding mirth and mischief in them he was having way too much fun.

"I-I yes,of course my lord.How could I not?I should be honored receiving such precious gifts from you" She stumbles for a second to find suitable words visibly overwhelmed.

A soft laugh leaves taehyung's mouth "They're just a small token for the wonderful work you do for the temple.I am doing nothing but showing my appreciation for your hard work priestess" He flashes her a blinding smile.She flushes a bit from the words.The king and his charms even got the priestess swooning.

" I'm afraid I have to take my leave now priestess.The water festival is near I have many works to handle " He simply say's eyeing her next.

"I hope you'll choose someone worthy for the ceremony priestess" He subtly voices his words for why he was here.He stands up smiling at her.

"Of course my lord" And she knows very well who she'll choose.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Taehyung lazily walks out of the temple with livia and two guards trailing behind him.Livia keeps eyeing her master from behind opening her mouth then closing it again.

"Voice out what you want to say livia don't bore holes in my head from behind" Taehyung sighs and keeps walking.Livia smiles Cheekily hurrying beside him.

"I don't understand master"

"And what is that you don't understand?" He moves his head to the left to face her.

"Everyone knows it is you who will be chosen for the ceremenial water dance.Then why did you do this?" She tilts her head showing her confusion.

Taehyung chuckles and shakes his head "Silly girl,do you think I do not know that it'll be me?Of course I do.I did that for the priestess to think she has some sort of superiority.After all she's an important figure people look up to her.To keep her pleased means the people are pleased."

Livia keeps looking at him with wide eye's.

Taehyung continues "In this world it's always about give and take.When you want things to go your way you have to keep your chess players by your side.If you keep them pleased they'll stay in your favor without even asking" Taehyung look's through the trees in the temple premises his silk robe fluttering a bit from the wind.Making a mental note in his head to plant some wild roses in his personal yard.The clinking of his bracelets still very calming.It almost seems like the temple has a soul of it's own and it's happy to have the jade eyed beauty on it's grounds.

Livia look's at him with so much admiration in her eye's.He always seems playful and gentle.But he obviously knows how to run an empire.Because of him alone Rome has more lands under it then before.

"Now come along goofy head I still have a blue eyed gem to meet"

She smiles brightly and runs after her master.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Hey hunnybees (≧∇≦)/ did you like the chp?

Leave a comment to motivate ur lazy author she needs it

I'll be bringing back my other two books shortly as well

Leave a vote if ya enjoyed this chp ik the storyline is progressing slowly but I want to give it my best put as much details as I can nd make it more pleasant to read.Ik u guys r waiting for taekook nd it will happen but I don't want to make it cliché I want to build their characters their storyline so pls bare with me.

Love y'all hunnybees~♥️

-Yuki