Chapter 3 : Den of Lions

her words peirced
like the sharpest arrow
and her heart was colder
than an iceberg

       Days went by quickly inside Hogwarts than in the Slytherin castle, Dianna thought. She had been through lots of classes in the past week, some proving to be interesting and the others leaving her disenchanted like Defense Against the Dark Arts which she had been most keen on having. But today was different, she was on her best behavior. Everything was going the way she wanted for the day to go so far. Dianna had the perfect breakfast, the perfect company and everything else was perfect. She was in a better mood and someone was yet to ruin it.

      Dianna, Daphne and Blaise walked next to eachother as they headed to their Double Potions class. Dianna was beyond excited. She was used to Severus as her mentor but the other kids? She knew they didn't know how to deal with them. Dianna found this to be her greatest advantage.

       'Which house are we in with again?' She couldn't help but ask, though she knew she couldn't care less. Daphne sighed in distaste, her beautiful features turning into a scowl.

       'Stupid Gryffindors.' Daphne said in distaste. Dianna's face began to sour. At first she didn't have anything against them. Not until they had provoked her. It was lunchtime when some older Gryffindor girls kept ogling at her and whispered mean—albeit some where true—words about her. If it weren't for Draco, she would've hexed them right away.

      The three Slytherins walked inside of the dim-lit Potions classroom. Dianna casually parted with Blaise and Daphne, sitting next to Draco who was preoccupied with a conversation with Vincent Crabbe. The larger boy however noticed the girl's presence, nudging Draco and nodding to her direction. Draco turned and to his surprise Dianna sat in perfect posture next to him. Her long blonde hair was behind her back and her features hardened as she focused on her potions book. She looked like an angel, a pure dream to Draco. But before he could say a word, came Severus Snape striding inside the room with his long black robes swishing behind him. Dianna finally looked up, putting her book away as she ancitipated her godfather's next words. 

       Dianna listened intently as Severus began calling the names of those who were in his class. Then Dianna saw the disdain in his eyes and followed his gaze. She caught sight of Harry Potter who stared expectantly at her godfather.

      'Harry Potter. Our new — celebrity.' Severus sarcastically drawled before resuming to calling out names in his register. Once he had finished, he stared at the class with an icy glare. Dianna, who had been immune of the glare by now only smirked in amusement upon seeing her classmates' look of fear.

      'You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion-making.' he began. His voice was low and almost inaudible but everyone seemed to understand it clearly. 'As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of softly simmering cauldrons with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that screep through the human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper to death— if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach.'

       Dianna barely stifled her laugh and everyone looked at her in fear. As she had expected, Snape ignored her and instead his eyes zeroed on Harry.