Chapter 7 : A Crown for the Queen

monsters arent born

they are created.

         Severus stood next to his goddaughter, holding an umbrella as heavy snow poured upon them. It was the 24th of December, which meant Dianna was turning 12 and it was the 12th death anniversary of Selene Lancaster. Severus and Selene were the best of friends, alongside with the muggleborn Lily Evans. The trio were inseparable and many found their friendship ideal for they were the brightest students of Hogwarts.

        'It's getting cold, Dianna. Would you like to go inside now?' said Severus.

        Even Severus was careful enough not to dampen Dianna's mood. She stared at her parents' joint grave blankly. She couldn't feel anything. No burning sensation in her heart, no love. Just as she expected, just as she was told.

        'You can go in first, Severus. I'll be there in a bit.' She said, unable to take her eyes off the grave of her mother. Severus looked at her in reluctance, unsure of how long she meant by 'bit'. Sighing, he took her hand and gave her the umbrella then proceeding to turn his heel and head back inside the Slytherin Castle.

       Dianna continued to stare blankly that if other people had seen her, they would reckon she had been spacing out. But she wasn't. In fact, she tried to remember all the saddest memories — all the times she had been physically hurt just to feel something. Alas, she remained with the feeling of no remorse or sadness.

       Selene Lancaster. How unlucky you were to end up in my father's arms. She thought, her grip on the umbrella getting tighter.

       'Good bye, mother.' said Dianna, putting her gloved hand on top of the tomb.

       After a few solid seconds and her hand pulled away from the grave as she turned her back and retreated to her lonely castle.

       As soon as she had gotten in, she was greeted by Belle and Blaise Zabini. She politely smiled, giving the umbrella to the House Elf that waited for her by the door.

       'Thanks, Livvy.' She mumbled, then walked towards the mother and son.

       'I didn't expect to see you here, Belle.' She greeted. The woman smiled at her, opening her arms for a hug. Dianna reluctantly approached her, embracing the woman that was closest to a mother figure.

       'We couldn't let you be alone, especially with the occassion today.' The beautiful woman replied as they pulled away. Dianna offered her a weak smile and nodded, then looked at Blaise who held a present in his hand. He smiles, opening his arms for a hug too as he wiggled his eyebrows. She chuckled, finding him silly but still embracing him. They pulled away not long after then he handed her the gift he had in his hands.

       'For your birthday.' He said with a warm smile. Dianna snickered, rolling her eyes playfully. She opened it and felt herself smile.

       'Now Severus and I will leave you kids alone. We'll be at the parlor having tea.' Belle said, dragging Severus with her. Dianna didn't mind as she stared at the present her best friend had given her.

       'A photobook...' She mumbled. On the cover was a moving image of her and Blaise at her seventh birthday —the day they had first met. Smile, my beautiful Sierra. Dianna's twitched upwards once again, following what Blaise had put in as the title.

       She flipped it open, scanning through pictures of them together. She couldn't help but laugh upon seeing the many memories inside. A picture of the day they had first met, the day they got in trouble with Severus for using his potions ingredients as pretend food (they didn't eat, thankfully) and many more silly memories that started when Dianna had aged seven. She looked up at Blaise with a smile.