Chapter 4 : A Scar Difference

but if she was a little braver,
she'd have everything in the world

       Dianna sat on the common room along with her friends. They were all laughing and smiling as Draco animatedly told everyone about his detention with Snape. Dianna had grown a liking to listening at Draco's exaggerated stories.

       When she noticed the arrival of two girls, her smile had fallen and the mood had become dull. Her reaction made a butterfly effect to the rest of her friends who noticed it. Their smiles were gone and replaced by strong and guarded eyes. Even amongst their housemates, the emerald squad was very picky of the company they kept.

       'Hi! My name is Parkinson. Pansy Parkinson!" Dianna didn't bother to smile even just a little. She found the short haired girl a little too much. The Heir of Slytherin also didn't miss the way she batted her eyelashes at Blaise and Draco. Daphne, however, feigned interest as she shook the girl's hand. Daphne immediately regretted it as soon as she felt the sweat from Pansy's hand. Her smile almost faltered, but as kind as Daphne could get, she still offered Pansy a weak smile. Theo, who saw how she grimaced, wanted to laugh out loud. Pansy's friend began to introduce herself but Dianna couldn't care less. She was busy observing Pansy, growing more territorial by the minute.

        'Can we join you guys?' She asked Draco, trying to look at him in the eye. But the boy was less than interested, for he only had eyes for the quiet blond on his right.

       'Uh, well.. Dianna?' Blaise asked in uncertainty. Dianna finally looked at Pansy's face and she found it rather amusing. She resembled a type of dog, the ones she'd often seen in the muggle world.

       'Sorry, but we're already a crowd. But I'm sure others would love your company, Parkinson. " She politely declined, even offering Pansy a weak smile. Pansy, however, took it to heart. Her sweet smile was gone and she glared at Dianna. It made her angry that the girl was back at reading her book as if nothing had just happened.

       'Why do you get to decide?' retorted Pansy, crossing her arms in attempt of intimidating her. Dianna closed her book, boredly looking up at the girl who looked cross with her.

       'Fair question. Let's ask everyone else.' She said in a monotonous voice, that it creeped out even Blaise to the bone. She stared at all of them and Theo was the first to speak.

        'I mean, Dianna's right. It's actually almost hard to keep track sometimes..." He said which earned nods of agreement from Vince, Greg and Blaise.

        'Sorry, Parkinson. But like Dianna said, others would love to have your presence with them." Daphne said with a light tipped smile. Dianna turned to Pansy with a deadpanned look.

        'There you go, Parkinson.' She nonchalantly shrugged which made Pansy rage even more.

        'What about you, Malfoy?' Her tone changed, Dianna was quick to notice it. She stared at Pansy in amusement then to Draco. She mouthed 'Seriously?' and the boy shrugged in response.

         'They've all said what I was gonna say. You can leave now.' He coldly said and the look on Pansy's face made Dianna snicker. The Heir of Slytherin shook her head in disbelief and opened her book once again.

        'I can't believe you're all scared of her.' said Pansy with a bitter laugh. Dianna didn't want to engage, so she remained silent and read her book.

         'It's a bit sad you're using your name as a way to make friends, isn't it?' Pansy shot at her. Dianna laughed, but it sounded so empty that it turned out to sound sarcastic. She closed her book and placed it on the table next to her. Dianna stood up and she towered Pansy a little, making her even more intimidating.