Chapter 10 : The Unfair System

can you remember
who you where,
before the world
told you who you should be?

-k.w.

     The Heir of Slytherin had woken up, paler and more quiet than usual. Her friends were all reluctant to ask her what had happened last night, and if she were okay now. Blaise and Daphne encouraged Draco to ask her but even the boy felt cautious around the Slytherin girl. Dianna had noticed it all, but she didn't have the energy to ask why they were all walking on eggshells around her. Her dream from last night was still so vivid that she remembered every part of it. Aside from the odd dream, she was bothered whether those three Gryffindor idiots had died last night. Not that she cared, she was more curious whether the purpose of their little adventure was a success.

       Her train of thoughts were all interrupted as she felt someone slam against her shoulder. She staggered backwards, looking up and seeing Pansy Parkinson with a smug smirk. She rolled her eyes, calming herself down as she had no energy to deal with the likes of the short-haired girl.

       'What's that, Slytherin? Are you finally regretting you didnt let me in your little group?' Pansy sneered. Dianna stopped, closing her eyes momentarily as she clenched her fist — as if to hold herself back.

       'Not at all, Parkinson. That was me realising that you weren't worth a pinch of my attention.' said Dianna, glaring at the shorter girl.

       Pansy's face began to contort with anger and embarrassment as the rest of the emerald squad sniggered. Dianna gave her one last glance before going along her way. Daphne, who seemed to have taken an interest in making Pansy's life miserable —mockingly waved goodbye at the girl with a smug smile. They all followed Dianna to the Great Hall where they all agreed was the greatest place to cheer up Dianna's mood.

       It was perfect, as the Great Hall was decorated with all things Slytherin. They all watched as a small smirk made its way on her face, making them release a relieved sigh. The emerald squad all sat in their usual seats, the aura around them was finally a bit lighter than how they left the common room.

       'So, Sierra. . .' said Blaise after getting nudged in the ribs by Daphne. Dianna looked at Blaise – waiting for him to continue his sentence.

       'What happened last night?' With this question, everyone leaned in to listen to Dianna's explanation. Her eyes flickered towards Draco who was next to her, as if looking for assurance of some sort.

       'Well, I caught those three Gryffindorks going to the forbidden corridor. . .' She started, then paused as if to find the right words to say next. 'Then I told on them on Severus.'

       Dianna felt relieved that she had chose the right words to say. Although it wasn't completely the truth, it wasn't a complete lie either. She convinced herself that in a way, that was what had happened.

       She looked at their faces, calculating their reactions. Blaise and Daphne, who were always a victim of her lies, smirked proudly at their bestfriend. Theo and Draco seemed to be more wary though, but nonetheless nodded in understanding. Meanwhile Vince and Greg beamed at her words.

       'I bet they all got points taken off for breaking rules too.' added Draco, smiling a bit at the thought of the three Gryffindors being punished. Dianna nodded, finally finding light in the situation.