Week 29

((I extended it whoops))

"Calum!"

"What?" Calum yells back. Ashton doesn't brother to respond, which makes Michael turn around from the little white flowers he's painting on the wall of the baby's room. Even Luke looks up from his laptop, where he's typing up an essay on blood cells or some shit, and removes one earbud curiously (Calum has a sneaking suspicion that Luke's not even listening to anything, he's just using them to block out Michael's 70's-90's pop/rock music from the radio in the corner).

"What, Ash?" Calum yells again. Ashton doesn't respond (again), so Calum huffs in frustration and stands up. He carefully walks around all of Michael's brushes and paint tubes (all of which are "vital, Calum!") and little buckets of water. Ashton's standing in the kitchen with his arms crossed over his chest, staring at a tall stack of oreos like they've personally offended him.

"You called, m'lady?" Calum says, because he's a mix between a gentleman and an annoying piece of shit.

"I need you to eat my Oreo outsides," Ashton says.

Calum blinks at him in confusion. "Sorry, what?"

"The crumbly part," Ashton clarifies. "I don't want it. And it shouldn't be wasted, because we paid for the whole Oreo, not just the inside."

"Ashton, its fine, you can throw the outsides away if you don't want them," Calum assures him. He really can't believe this is his life.

"But I want you to eat them," Ashton frowns, like he actually can't understand why Calum won't do this for him. "I'm not going to waste good Oreo outsides just because you're not hungry."

Calum's realized, over the past seven months, its kind of useless to argue. He sighs heavily and agrees to eat the outsides, turning around to grab the milk from the fridge. When he turns back, he finds Ashton frowning and forcefully licking all the cream off one half of the Oreo.

"Ew," Calum makes a face that has Ashton scoffing loudly. "What? I don't want your tongue all over my cookie!"

"That's not what you were saying last night," Ashton mutters and continues to lick the cookie until its completely clean. He hands it over to Calum and starts on the next one.

They continue the process a while longer, with Ashton licking all the insides out and Calum dunking the outsides in milk and chewing them in disguist. He doesn't even like oreos. When Calum's eaten the last cookie, Ashton turns to his depleted stack of oreos and frowns at the bare counter.

"Calum, why the fuck would you eat my Oreo outsides?"

Calum sputters for a second, finally coming up with, "You told me to!"

"No I didn't!" Ashton protests. "You know the outsides are my favorite part!"

"I thought the insides were your favorite part?" Calum cannot fucking believe this.

"Well now its the outsides!" Ashton huffs and crosses his arms over his chest. "Then again, you wouldn't know because you ate them! You don't even like oreos!"

Calum sighs in exasperation. "Fine, I'll go to the store and get you some more, if you want them that bad."

"Well, it's too late now!" Ashton yells, then storms into the living room. Calum can't believe he's getting blamed for this shit. He sighs and goes back to the baby's room with a frown.

"Ah, pregnancy," Michael says distantly, smiling widely at Calum. "Such a wonderful thing, isn't it?"

"Fudge you," Calum responds.