Weeks 17-20

"Calum!"

Calum glances at Michael over the top of their matching pregnancy books, when another shriek comes from the kitchen. Michael's eyes are wide and flashing with mischief and Calum already doesn't want to know what he's done.

He snaps his book shut and gets off the couch anyway, because Ashton's probably just going to keep yelling for him if he doesn't. Once he gets yo the kitchen, he frowns at the sight and calls for Michael because this has his name written all over it.

Ashton's standing on a kitchen chair, squatting down slightly to avoid falling, and clutching his stomach through the sweatshirt tightly. Luke's in all fours on the countertop, between the stove and the sink, eyes locked onto a furry little thing on the floor.

Michael joins Calum in the door then, just as the little mouse takes a step forward and Luke shrieks.

"You didn't kill him!" Michael says happily, bending down to scoop up the little mouse in his hand.

"Why would we kill him?" Ashton asks, crawling down from his chair. Calum steps forward to help him, only to get a middle finger shoved in his face. Once he's on the floor, he stands on his tip toes to peer at the fluffy little face sticking out of Michael's hands. "It's just a small defenseless little thing-" Ashton cuts off when realizing why this entire thing is happening. "Oh, fuck off!"

"Swear jar," Luke mutters. Which brings their attention to the fact that Luke's still shaking on the counter. Michael grins and holds the mouse out, still clutched tightly in his hands, making Luke shriek again. "Stop it! Calum, tell him to stop!"

"I don't control him," Calum shrugs. Ashton starts giggling when Michael takes a step forward and Luke nearly looses his tight grip on the countertop.

"Get it away!" Luke demands. He pauses and apparently, unfortunately for him, realizes this would be a good time for a joke. "I'm not talking about the mouse."

Michael laughs. "Oh, bad move, Hemmings." He takes one final step and sets the mouse directly into Luke's hair before anyone can stop him. Luke freezes.

His bottom lip starts to wobble and he squeezed his eyes shut, like that'all make it go away. "Please, Michael, get it off. I- its touching me, oh my god!" Luke screams loudly, making everyone else jump, and starts shaking his head violently. The furry little thing flies off his head and skids across the kitchen floor, instantly scampering under the closest shelter. Which just so happens to be the fridge.

"Oh, now you've done it," Calum rolls his eyes. Ashton's not laughing anymore.

"Clifford!" He says sharply. Its the tone that makes everyone in the room stand at attention, even though Ashton is smaller than all of them, counting the little bump he's growing. "If you don't get that thing out of my kitchen in ten minute, I will fucking slaughter you!"

Its quiet for a few seconds, until Luke whispers, "Swear jar."

Ashron huffs in frustration and digs two quarters out of his pocket, angrily dumping them into the little cup with "swear jar" scrawled across the side in Luke's handwriting. Michael drops to his hands in knees without a second thought, pressing his face to the dirty floor in front of the fridge.

"Spike, come out, I'm sorry I put you on Luke's head," he says softly. Like the fucking mouse will understand him. Calum rolls his eyes and strides over to help Luke off the counter. He runs out of the room as soon as his feet hit the ground and the bathroom door slams shut a second later.

Michael glances up from the floor with a giant grin, half a second before Luke screams again. "That one's name is Jean-Pierre," he announces.

Ashton huffs again. Luke's running around the apartment frantically. "If this was supposed to teach me a lesson, you succeeded," Ashton informs him in the same, attention demanding tone. "I don't want to kill this thing inside me anymore. Now i want to kill you."