Weeks 5-8

((I HOPE YOU GUYS DON'T EXPECT THIS FIC TO BE PRETTY BECAUSE ITS REALLY ANYTHING BUT. LITERALLY ALL ASHTON DOES IS COMPLAIN, PEE, THROW UP, AND LOOK CUTE AS FUCK.

-Mel))

Ashton's been sleeping all day.

Which is weird, because usually Ashton's up by nine and making breakfast and rousing Calum by jumping on the bed.

But it's already one in the afternoon, and Ashton still hasn't shown himself. Calum takes it upon himself to carefully step into the bedroom, then crawl up the bed until he's nose to nose with Ashton. He blows on Ashton's lips softly until his eyelashes start fluttering and his nose scrunches up in the most endearing way possible.

"Ashy, baby, its already one," he whispers once Ashton yawns sleepily. His eyes are staying tightly shut, probably just to spite Calum. He tries a different tactic and grabs Ashton's jaw gently in his palms, then starts peppering tiny kisses all over his face in an attempt to wake him up. Ashton giggles and squirms away, pushing weakly at Calum's chest in an attempt to get him to stop. Calum does after a quick kiss to his lips, and Ashton's eyes flutter open softly.

"Good morning," he mumbles thickly.

"Afternoon," Calum informs him, gesturing to the little clock on the bedside table. The numbers are practically screaming out the time and making Ashton groan. He rubs his eye with his knuckles, then cuddles back into Calum's chest, nosing at his collarbones and pressing lazy kisses to his chest.

With their chests pressed together so tightly, Calum can suddenly feel how strong and fast Ashton's heartbeat is. Its thudding quickly against the bottom of Calum's ribs, making him raise one eyebrow curiously.

"What were you dreaming about?" He asks, reaching over to run his fingers down Ashton's bare spine. "You're hearts beating really fast."

Ashton shrugs his shoulders a little and let's his lips brush against Calum's skin when he speaks. "Nothing, it's just been doing that lately. And fucking hurting like a little bitch." Calum smiles a little and hums.

"Are you still bloated and peeing a lot?" He asks. Ashton nods slowly and lazily. "Maybe we should take you to the doctor. Just, you know, just in case."

"I'm fine, Cal," he mutters. Calum's about to respond, but by the time he gets his words in order, Ashton snoring softly against him again.

°°°°

"If you had a uterus, I'd say you were pregnant,"

Ashton gets this scary looking glare on his face that's amplified by the single light in the room. Because Ashton didn't want to get out of bed and Luke was all too willing to abandon his medical terminology essay in favor of crawling under the blankets to listen to Ashton's symptoms.

Luke's only a first year medical student, so obviously he wasn't the first choice, but he was the only one Ashton agreed to talk to.

"I have a dick, thanks," Ashton replies sharply.

Luke just shrugs. "I'm just saying. You could be peeing a lot because there's a tiny baby pressing against your bladder."

"Or it could be a UTI," Calum jokes. He knows absolutely nothing about medical terms or basically anything that has to do with doctors. He can barely take care of himself when he's sick, he usually makes Ashton do it.