Week 31

"You can't just say no thanks to your doctor, Ashton!"

"Yes I can," Ashton replies simply.

Calum sighs in exasperation because Ashton is just so difficult lately. For like, the past seven months. "Its for our baby's health! You have to make sure our little flower is okay, Ash!"

"No she's fine," Ashton grabs his hand and squeezes his fingers tightly, forcing Calum's hand up his shirt and onto the skin stretching tightly over his little bump. There's a tiny pressure pushing against Calum's knuckles, then the edge of his palm in quick succession. Ashton looks up at him curiously. "See?"

"She could be crying for help," Michael says suddenly, appearing st Calum's side and wrestling his hand up Ashton's tight shirt. "Ah, yes, she's trying to kick her way out of there. If you wait long enough, she'll grow claws and start shredding you from the inside out."

Calum groans again and nudges Michael with his elbow. "You're really not helping." Michael shrugs in response and starts feeling around Ashton's belly for the baby. Calum ignores him and retracts his arm to address Ashton again. "You need to let the doctor do whatever he wants, okay?"

"Calum," Ashton says in a firm, reprimanding voice. "He tried to stick his hand, you know. Up there. I'm not into that sort of shit!"

Michael scoffs loudly and stills his hands for a second. "You're fucking pregnant, of course you're into that shit!"

Luke adds to marks to the paper taped to the swear jar labeled "Michael's debt", then looks over at Ashton innocently. "Up where?"

Michael hums in amusement, while Ashton just sighs and says, "Oh, Luke."

Luke frowns at him and opens his mouth to respond, but Michael beats him to it. "Up his ass, like a mix between a rectal exam and a gynecologist- uh, you know. Touching."

Ashton swats Michael's hands away widly, glaring and shoving him towards Calum. "Stop ruining lukes innocence and quit feeling me up!"

"But Michael Junior-"

"For the last time, we're not naming our child after you!" Ashton yells. Calum frowns and reaches forward to tug Ashton's shirt over his tummy more, hiding the skin underneath. Ashton hisses at him, but he will not be deterred from covering up his baby. Babies. Ashton is still his baby.

"Wait," Luke's still bright red from Michael's statement. "So you just told your doctor no?"

"Well, I was polite," Ashton amends. "I said no thanks."

"But this is an important checkup," Luke says quietly. "They need to make sure the umbilical cord isn't around the baby's neck or anything like that. And they have to make sure she's actually what's on the screen and not smaller or bigger. This is like, the checkup, Ashy."

"I don't care," Ashton crosses his arms stubbornly and scowls at the floor. "He's not sticking his hand up there. My body, my rules."

Calum groans in frustration and tugs at his hair. "Ashton, please!" He pleads, because he's pathetic and this is his baby they're talking about. "Just one time, just let him to whatever he wants just this one time! And I'll never make you do it again!"

Ashton scowls, but senses Calum's anxiety, and eventually crawls off the couch to call and schedule another doctor's appointment. Leaving Calum alone with Michael and Luke.

"Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but," Michael starts and Calum sighs, because he's probably going to take it the wrong way. "Ashton is like, really cute. He's got a cute little belly and a cute little face and he's glowing! He's what pregnancy books dream of."