10) I love you 3000 ❤️

Word count : 1116
Warning : Heartbreak? Does that count?

↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️

*Flashback*

"And I... am... Ironman." *snap*

"Mr. Stark? Hey… Mr. Stark? Can you hear me? It’s Peter... Hey... We won, Mr. Stark…. We won, Mr. Stark... We won! You did it, sir, you did it... I’m... I'm sorry… Tony…"

"Life functions critical."

"We are gonna be ok... You can rest now."

*End of the flashback*

It's been two days since Tony's funeral and to say you were broken would be an understatement. You weren't crying anymore tho... Your entire body was numb and you just stared at nothing in particular, not caring about anything and anyone anymore. Not even yourself.

'It should have been me... It should have been me... It should have been me.' a voice inside your head was screaming, as you kept rocking yourself back and forth on the sofa. You looked like you were posseded but nobody was there to see you anyway, and even if there was, you wouldn't care.

The only thing you knew was that the love of your life was gone and that you failed to protect him.

"Mrs. Y/N?" the hesitant voice of the AI surrounded the room all of a sudden. "Mrs Y/N!" it said once again, more stern this time, startling you a little bit. "I apologise for the disturbance, but Mr. Stark asked me to play this video recording of himself to you if he ever was to die."

"W-what?" you frowned in confusion, your voice hoarse from not speaking for days. "What recording? And why are you telling me about it just NOW??" you snapped, which was unusual for you. Usually, you were amazing at containing your anger, but after everything that happened, you didn't know who you were anymore.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Y/N. I just didn't think you were ready to hear and see it sooner."

You sighed, rubbing your face with your hands. "Whatever. Just play it already."

As soon as those word left your mouth, the big screen in front of you lighted up, showing no-one other than Tony, who was in his lab, sat on a chair, his hands resting on the table in front of him.

Your eyes started to water at the sight of him, but you kept the tears in, trying not to break into sobs.

"Y/N, baby..." Tony trailed off, hesitantly as he looked directly into the camera, making you feel as if he was staring into your soul. "If you ever see this, that means I'm... That means I'm gone." he paused to take a deep breath, his body shivering slightly at the thought. His voice was so soft, maybe softer than ever and you saw the fear in his eyes. He wasn't afraid of death though... No. He was afraid of leaving you behind, because he knew how much he meant to you and the other way around.

"I... I know I promised to be there for you forever, sweetheart, I know... but at this point, I'm not sure I can keep that promise anymore." he paused once again, biting his lower lip nervously while he tried to contain his emotions.

"If one day I break it... I don't want you to cry over me. I don't want you to feel guilty. I don't want you to suffer or harm yourself in any way. I don't want you to isolate yourself from everyone and beat yourself up over my death. I don't want that, my love... I want you to get over it, as hard as it sounds, and keep living your life. I want you to be happy, I want you to be strong, I want you to act as if nothing happened, baby, because I'll always love you and be there for you no matter if I'm alive or not."

You closed your eyes tightly, feeling your heart clenching in pain, while tears spilled down your cheeks. You wanted to do what Tony told you to, you really did, but you couldn't. You couldn't just act as if he never existed. He was the best thing that has ever ever happened to you and you were nothing without him. He made you feel loved, comfortable in your own skin, special, he made you feel complete.

"Y/N..." Tony's recorded voice started again and you felt as if he really was there. Tony smiled at the camera, making your heart skip a bit. That has always been one of his superpowers. He always knew how to comfort you, no matter if he was away or right beside you.

"Everything is going to be ok, my love... I promise." he whispered. "I love you more than words could ever explain and... I promise we will meet again, baby. Until then, I wish you all the best things in the world and don't forget that I'll always be there, even though you won't be able to see me. I'll be your guardian angel, ok?"

Before he had time to add anything else, you saw yourself entering the lab. You gasped, getting on your feet and approaching the screen, and then it clicked. How could you be so stupid?

"Hey, baby." you heard your own voice saying, as you came behind him, kissing his cheek. "What are you doing?" your past version looked at the camera.

Tony gulped and smiled nervously.
"Nothing, love. Don't worry about it." he replied. "Can you bring me a cup of tea, please? I'm almost done with work and I was thinking that maybe we could cuddle and spend some quality time together afterwards..."

You watched teary-eyed as your past-self nodded happily, pecking Tony's lips, before leaving the room. If only you knew...

Tony sighed, then looked back at the camera hesitantly. Pain was visible into his chocolate brown eyes, but he smiled however, trying to cover it.

"I'm sorry, baby... I really am." he spoke quietly, his voice wavering a little bit. "I love you 3000."

With that, the screen went off, meaning the recording was over.

You fell on your knees, sobbing loudly at the unbearable pain. Tony was gone. The man who loved you more than he had ever loved himself, the man who saved the entire planet and made the world a better place, the man who was supposed to be your future husband and the man you were supposed to have a family with was now gone and what was even worse was that there was nothing you could do to bring him back. Looks like not all the stories have a happy ending...

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐰𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝."