12) Always And Forever

Word count : 1638
Warnings : a little bit of angst and some curse words, but mostly fluff.

↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️

The moment your eyes blinked open, an involuntary groan escaped your throat. Your head was throbbing in pain, making you feel dizzy, even though you were still laying in bed, your body shivering as your hands gripped the blanket, pulling it closer.

Something seemed off though... Tony's arms weren't wrapped tightly around your waist, which was weird. However, everything made sense as soon as you caught sight of the empty spot where he usually slept, the events that took place last night immediately rushing to your mind.

Since you were a workaholic, just like a certain billionaire, you forgot that the two of you were supposed to have a date that evening. Coming home late, an angry, frustrated Tony who was sitting on the sofa and waiting for his lover greeted you. He looked as wonderful as ever, his expensive, elegant suit complimenting his beautiful body as the smell of his cologne invaded your nostrils.

The moment your eyes locked with his, realisation washed over you in an instant, making you face-palm at your own stupidity. The numerous attempts of apologising proved to be useless to the dark-haired man as he stood up and approached you, not even hesitating to let out his disappointment.

What was even worse was the fact that you were both tired and frustrated after a long day at work, which encouraged the two of you to start arguing, yelling and throwing mean words at each other, although none of that was true. The fight, of course, ended up with Tony deciding to sleep in a different room.

It was very difficult to fall asleep without him by your side, but after hours and hours of thinking, you eventually managed to get some rest. Now that you were getting sick though, you needed someone to hold onto more than ever. On the other hand, you were aware of the fact that you did a horrible job at being a good girlfriend lately, so maybe that was some sort of punishment from God.

"Shit, my head hurts..." the words left your lips at some point and you frowned in confusion since your voice had never been that deep and hoarse before.

Waving it off, you decided that it would be best if you went to the kitchen, to make yourself some tea and take some pills, but the moment you tried to get up, the entire room started spinning. Your knees buckled all of a sudden and your legs gave out, making you fall on the hard floor with a thud.

You grunted in pain, eyes watering. The fact that you weren't even able to stand on your feet made you feel useless and pathetic.

"Miss Y/L/N, are you ok? Should I call Mr. Stark?" JARVIS' voice suddenly spoke, shaking you out of your thoughts.

"Y-yes. Please..." you struggled to reply, but as soon as the words escaped your mouth, your vision got blurry, turning black before you could try to get up again.

~Meanwhile~

Tony was already in his lab, working on one of his new projects in order to take his mind off you, as he drank his coffee. He couldn't rest properly without you in his arms, but since he had been looking forward to that date, the fact that you forgot about it so easily made him think that maybe you didn't love him as much anymore.

And still, deep down he knew that he had been a little bit too harsh. You were tired after a long day and he probably made things worse by overreacting, as always.

"Mr. Stark" JARVIS brought him back to reality. "I'm afraid Miss Y/N is not feeling very well at the moment."

"What do you mean?" Tony hurried to ask, his body tensing. "Is she still in our bedroom?"