Chapter 1

Growing  up everyone has hopes and dreams, some small and some bigger and less and achievable. When your younger they might be wanting to meet Santa, or as you grow older you hope to find the love of your life and get your dream job. But for me it was much much more. I rember the year of my 8th birthday my wish when blowing out the candles on my cake was the most important thing in my life at that moment and all I wanted was a pet unicorn but by the next year it got much more grown up than that, I will never forget the day I said in my head "god please don't let my mummy die I will never forgive you if you take her away from me"
"ESME, wake up your it's your first day back, I have laid out your clothes and made your favourite, chocolate chip pancakes with sprinkles."
"rainbow sprinkles?"
"yes ladybug. Get ready we don't want to be late ."
Walking to school, in the distance I saw my best friend who spent all summer with me as her mum and dad went to Vegas for their 10th anniversary and her grandparents live in Canada.

Me and summer run off, too far ahead to see hear the mums telling us to slow down, pretending to be space rockets flying to Mars,
The mums are catching up as they haven't seen each other in what seems like months but was actually only 3 weeks, and the usual what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas argument happened.
On the way back from dropping the kids off at school they meet the dad at the best diner in town to discuss what's going to happen over the next few months, dad later explains to me they were talking about how they would tell what is wrong with mum, when mum went into heart failure and had to be rushed to the hospital.....