Chapter 2

I got picked up by my Aunt Kate at lunch from school, which wasn't normal, I didn't think much of it cause Kate is the type of person to randomly pick me up to bunk school for the rest of the day, she has done it before but this time was different as she didn't need to convince the teachers to let me go, and we didn't go to McDonalds like we normally would instead we went to the hospital to see mum where I would have to say my final goodbyes and never see her again.
I ran into my dads arms after I saw him sitting by my mums bed crying his eyes out, I had never seen him like this before so I knew mum wasn't right.
I was taken into another room with this strange looking lady who I didn't like much, and she told me that things would change when we go back home. She didn't say anything about my mum not returning with me and dad but she did say to be prepared for the worst.
"NO!!" I hear my Dad scream from beside my Mum's bed and four nurses run into the room and do as much as they can but it isn't enough the man in there, the only one in the room with blue scrubs on, said "time of death 4:53pm" I would later realise  he was the one running the code team for that night.
I said my last words to mum and was crying all the way home, when my dad told me she had a rare type of cancer that didn't have a cure yet.

The next day at school my teacher asked us all what we want to be when we are older, most of my friends said " I wanna walk on the moon" or "I wanna be a pop star" but I was different I said "I want to be like my mummy, and cure cancer", my teacher was shocked that I knew what cancer was at such a young age and said I'm sure your mum would be very proud of you if you achieved that.