Chapter 4

Another time I missed mum more than ever was when I got my first boyfriend, I didn't know how my dad would react so I didn't tell him until we were dating for around 2 months and wanted to go to the movies on a date. Mathew was his name but everyone called him Matt, but only I called him Matty as I know he doesn't  like it. We were dating for almost a year when I had just turned 16 and he was in the year above me so was already 17; it was Valentine's Day and I knew tonight was the night we would do it, he booked dinner at this fancy restaurant and picked me up with red roses, my favourite flowers, and surprised me with a hotel room in London for the night. I have been imagining this night since I was 14 when the idea of sex didn't feel like a bad thing anymore, except I didn't think it would be this romantic.  Let's just say it was a very special night.
We woke up in the morning and he took me shopping and let me pick out whatever I wanted in Westfield, best weekend of my life. Unfortunately it went too quickly and was Monday again meaning we had to go back to school, as i didn't like to be the centre of attention much we decided to keep our weekend on the down low at least for the moment, but that didn't last long when summer and Amy kept asking me and then they screeched when I finally gave in, luckily a fight had broken out in the courtyard, a frequent occurrence for a British secondary school.
The next few years flew by and me and Matty were happy until one day I caught him in one of the art rooms making out with Jessica, one of the IT girls in his year, needless to say I ended things on the spot.
I passed all of my GCSEs and A levels and thought I would want to go to medical school like mum did but I was introduced by Amy to a modelling agent and instantly fell in love with this career option and finally knew what I wanted to do when I'm older, I got judged called names and put down from going from wanting to be a surgeon curing cancer to a model but I didn't let that stop me from doing what I love.