Ch14: "The Second Prison Genocide."

A/N: For Taehyungieebae . Happy birthday

 Happy birthday

---

Seokjin stands atop the prison roof proudly, his back straight, his feet a distance away from each other, his chin high and his hands clasped behind his back. It's not long before the police retreats, having suffered numerous casualties and injuries. The police underestimated the hybrids, Seokjin knows. They hadn't expected them to have that many weapons, to have that many prisoners under their control, to be this strong.

The orange sun sinks into the dark night sky as Seokjin watches his men gathering the bodies of the men they lost in the yard to set them on fire. The rooftop door flies open as Soobin rushes in out of breath, the glasses on his nose cracked. 

Seokjin doesn't wait for Soobin to speak up, and asks, "Where's Taehyung?"

Soobin takes a second or so to catch his breath. "I'm not sure. I think I saw him with Yoongi. He got a bullet in his leg and another in his shoulder."

"And Taehyung? Is he injured?"

"Nothing big, no."

"How many deaths?"

"We're not done counting. At least seventy."

"How many of them were hybrids?"

"About fifteen so far," Soobin pauses, taking off his glasses and staring at their cracks, "And then there are the injured, I doubt we can save most of them. We need medical equipment."

"Let them be," Seokjin replies, "Injured men are of no use to us."

"Even Yoongi?"

Seokjin thinks for a second. "I'm fond of him, sure, but he's not much of a help. I'm sure he couldn't shoot a single cop."

---

"I didn't shoot a single cop," Yoongi laughs to himself before wincing as he lays on the ground, staring at the ceiling. "You think I'll die?"

"You should stop talking too much," Taehyung retorts, sitting on his knees and holding a bloodied cloth to Yoongi's shoulder tightly, "And no, the bullets aren't even close to your vital organs."

"Then I'll definitely die from too much bleeding," Yoongi says half-sarcastically.

It fucking hurts, he thinks to himself. It's a sharp burning pain, like a hot knife in his leg and shoulder that twists if he moves an inch. His thigh is tied with a cloth that's now soaked in blood, and he can slowly feel his vision going hazy.

"Can't you guys like rob a hospital or something and get me some blood packs?" He asks with a small chuckle. "Oh fuck, I just realised I don't know my blood type."

Taehyung furrows his eyebrows. "I don't know mine either."

"How do you even find out?" Yoongi says, "Do you take an online test or something."

"I'm pretty sure that's not how it works."

Yoongi stares at Taehyung for a few seconds. "You have no idea what humour is, do you?"

Taehyung blinks dumbfoundedly.

"For a smart dude you really are naive," Yoongi says, staring back at the ceiling, "You know, there's a huge difference between intellectual intelligence and social intelligence, and you definitely lack the latter."

"No one told me that before."

"Probably because you're too busy snapping their necks to listen to what they have to say," Yoongi laughs to himself again, but he quickly stops, his body tensing as he shuts his eyes in pain.

"Now I'm sure you lack intellectual intelligence," Taehyung says, making Yoongi smile to himself.

Yoongi closes his eyes, and Taehyung keeps his eyes on him, watching his chest rise up and down in heavy ragged breaths. Seokjin walks in, and Taehyung turns his head to look at him for a second.

"Is he conscious?" Seokjin asks.

"A little," Taehyung replies, "We need to get the bullets out. He's losing too much blood, though, so I don't know how we can do that withoutㅡ"

"Since when do you care about him this much?" Seokjin cuts him off, "Or is it because he is her brother?"

Taehyung ignores his question. "Let's do the march tomorrow. They're scared of us. The police, the government. We'll ask for our rights peacefully for once."

"I was having second thoughts about the march to be honest," Seokjin says, "But if you really want it, then let's do it."

"Now," Taehyung says, looking down at his bloodied hands from Yoongi's wound, "Will you help me save him?"

---

When Yoongi wakes up, he's laying on a bed with a curtain sorrounding him. There's a tube connected to his arm and an oxygen canula in his nose. His body is heavy and his limbs are numb, and he waits for what feels like a year before a nurse walks in, greeting him with a smile, and only then he confirms to himself that he's in a hospital.

"How long have I been here?" Yoongi asks.

"About 40 hours," The nurse replies, carefully removing the needle from his arm.

"How did I get here?"

"I think someone dropped you off at the emergency then disappeared."

Yoongi takes in a deep breath, memories from that day playing in his head, the voices of Taehyung and Seokjin speaking ringing in his ears.

"March," Yoongi says, grabbing the nurse's attention, "The hybrids did a march yesterday?"

"Yes, it's all over the news."

"What happened?" 

"It was a peaceful march," She replies, throwing the IV fluid bag in the trash bin, "The police were there, but no shots were fired. Though after the second prison genocide, the government declared they're ready to hold a military intervention if the hybrids don't stop."

"The second prison genocide? Is that what they decided to call it?"

"They call it many things," The nurse pauses, staring at Yoongi, "How did you get shot?"

Yoongi shuts his eyes, letting out a sigh. "If I told you, you won't believe me."