Ch4: As Much As It Takes

"He attacked three men at the daegu shelter. I don't know how they don't put those things in jail. They're a threat to our society."

Taehyung rolls his eyes, crossing his arms and leaning back against his bed. They had just escorted him to the shelter in Seoul, which they knew he would. It was his plan after allㅡ Seokjin's, to be more specific. Taehyung didn't think that attacking the guards would be enough for them to move him to another shelter, but surprisingly, it was enough, and now he waits in the room they just put him in as he overhears the staff talking about him right outside his room.

"No worries. I'm positive we'll be able to tame him."

The men exchange a few more words before they walk away, and someone knocks on the door before slowly opening it up. Taehyung scans the man that walks in who just smiles warmly at the hybrid.

"So you're Taehyung," He says.

Taehyung tilts his head, glancing at the camera in the corner of his room then back at the man.

"They never really check those records," The man says, nodding at the camera, "And I have access to them. Also there aren't mics so no one will hear a thing we say so no worries."

He smiles back at Taehyung. "I'm Hoseok."

"Figured that."

"Jin said you're coming soon, but I didn't know it would be this soon," Hoseok says.

"Get straight to the point."

"Wow, you really are like him," Hoseok chuckles, "So the H.R.C. are doing some project to change the classification system and they want a Code: RED. A woman who works there is responsible for the project so she's coming soon to get a hybrid and I'll make sure she adopts you. Jin said she's his friend so go easy on her, but don't forget to intimidate her so you're not too suspicious. That's all Jin told me."

Taehyung nods. "Do you have any idea how long it will be before.. "

"The break out?" Hoseok continues Taehyung's sentence, "I don't know, yet. We're waiting for Jin's signal. But I know it won't be too far away. Anyway, I need to go now."

"Hey," Taehyung calls, making Hoseok turn back to look at him, "You're a human. What the hell are you doing?"

Hoseok shrugs. "My kind weren't any better to me than they were to you."

He turns back around and closes the door behind him, and Taehyung keeps his eyes on the door for a while before he turns his head away and brings his hand up to brush against the metal collar around his neck.

---

Yoongi sips on his third cup of coffee of the day, staring blankly at the empty drafts on his laptop. He curses the day he chose writing as a career as he racks his brains for something to write down, but he knew it would be impossible to do so. Afterall, it's been only a few days since he found out that his roommate is leading a revolution to possibly end humanity.

What a great plot, Yoongi thinks to himself, Maybe I should write a book about it.

His thoughts are cut off by the clinking of keys and the annoying squeak of the apartment door opening. Yoongi puts his coffee down on his desk and waits for Seokjin to knock on his bedroom door.

"Come in," Yoongi says.

Seokjin swings the door open and walks in, staring blankly at his friend.

"I just have one question," Yoongi says, turning on his chair to look at Seokjin, "How many innocent people will you hurt?"

"As much as it takes," Seokjin replies.

"That Taehyung," Yoongi says, "Seol's hybrid. He's with you, huh? He called me the other day and told me to join you. What will you do if I don't?"

Seokjin takes a few seconds to reply. "I won't kill you, if that's what you're scared ofㅡ"

"I'm not scared of shit. Not you, not him, and not whatever you're trying to do."

"But you'reㅡ"

"I'm not finished," Yoongi pauses, "If I join you, what will I get?"

"Anything you want."

Yoongi thinks for a few seconds as he keeps his eyes in Seokjin's and not glancing away for a second.

"Keep my family safe."

Seokjin smiles, "Perfect. I was just on my way to your sister."

---

A/N: This might be my last update in a while. I'm starting my exams next Tuesday and they're quite important as they basically determine what college I go to so I need to get my shit together lmao. Idk when I'm updating next but I will as soon as I can. Pls don't ask me to update, it doesn't motivate me but only makes me feel worse. Thank you for understanding ❤