Chapter 6: The Main Event

Four Years Ago

A ten year old Izuku, wearing a black T shirt, green shorts, and red shoes, was sweating and exhausted. He was at Dagobah Municipal Beach on a Saturday afternoon, punching and striking against an old run down punching bag. It looks easy to swing your hands around and use your forearm and knees to strike. Yet with what the green headed boy didn't realize was it took cardio, and a serious amount of oxygen to move and strike at the same time. The reason was he was previously learning how to work on Greco Roman and catch wrestling.

Due to watching pro-wrestling, Izuku mostly enjoys how they grapple and take down opponents wrestling. So he watched old videos of wrestlers like Kurt Angle, Bret Hart, Eddie Guerrero and Zack Sabre Jr. study their style and strength. Because of this, he decided to work on bulking up a bit to achieve what an amateur wrestler looks like. As a result, he would lift weight and go to the beach to grapple with the 90 kg bag. He knows how to use his body to shoot for take down or submissions, and defend himself when on the ground.

Now he was facing the consequences of having a bit heavier body taking up oxygen. Izuku could feel his body slowing him down, but he's not going to give up. If he was going to be a pro hero and a pro wrestler, his striking must also be good. He continues to practice on his striking using his fist, elbows, forearms, knees and leg. After half an hour of striking, he lay on his back breathing heavily.When he walked back home and greeted his mom, he immediately went to his room and looked up at other wrestlers who was well known for striking. From there, Izuku saw Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kenny Omega, and Kota Ibushi. He wrote how they chopped opponents' chest, knees, the mid-section and head, strike with slaps, head-butts, forearm, and kicks in rapid sessions. This will help him gain knowledge of where to strike an opponent.

Now back to the presence, the green tight wearing wrestler has put on the blue MMA gloves. He then followed up with taping his shoes to decrease any harsh blows when kicking. From there, he stared down at the mirror across from him, showing his leaner muscle, green and black tights with white font spelling DEKU on each side of the leg, black knee pads, black wrestling boot that reached up to the shins, and his mask in his gloved hands.

"I come this far to achieve. And I'm not stopping any time soon," Izuku whispered as he then put on his mask. "Plus Ultra."

Meanwhile in a separate locker room, Itsuka Kendo was wearing a white gi, a black belt wrapped around her waist, the blue MMA gloves with light blue tape around the wrist, and white taping around her feet.

"Hey dad, the weird guy did say I could use my quirk?" she asked while looking on her hand. In front of her was her dad, checking on the gloves on her hands.

"He did say that, which is why these particular gloves I adjust it for your quirk," he explains. "I don't know why Noko would set this match up, but if it stops him from begging me about pro wrestling."Itsuka sighed, knowing her dad gets slightly annoyed by pro wrestling. She doesn't see a problem with it, but she has been to real competitive combat sports. As long as the entertainment part of pro wrestling doesn't disregard real combat sport.

Still, she was feeling pumped up like every combat match she's been through. Maybe this might be a true test to how well she trained in karate and jujitsu. To go against someone that might be trained in catch wrestling and Greco Roman wrestling. Whatever happens, she will give it her all.

"Don't worry dad, I'll make you proud and have the Kendo name stand tall."

"I'm not that hard headed." Her dad chuckled at the joke. "But show them what you're made of."

It was now 7:53 pm and Katsuki did not enjoy pro wrestling. Like seriously, he's baffled that he spent some lien on something that's fake. First he saw a guy wearing a white bodysuit with a paper head, just beat out another guy with a rock head wearing grey trunks and black boots earlier. Then he was bored seeing someone with denim jeans and jacket, and black boots lazily kick someone with a bear mutated quirk. Which the crowd reacted like those were the most serious striking they ever saw. What pissed himself even more is that his two lackeys are enjoying the event, completely forgetting they were here to see Deku fail. That useless nerd thought he's untouchable for his wrestling skills, but he's here to witness him fail against a Kendo clan.