Chapter 33

Kyla's POV

"WHAT THE HELL?!" I yelled. I'm pissed. I finally get to be with this amazing guy and I can't even show how much I love him to the world. Yes I haven't been a very good girlfriend but that doesn't mean I don't love him!

"Kyla please calm dow-"

"Don't tell me to calm down because that's bullshit!" When I'm angry, I get angry. Sorry Shawn you have to see me like this. (Pretend Shawn's 18).

"Kyla look it's okay. We can still date! We just have to be private." Brent said. I blushed a little because I have a REALLY dirty mind. Don't tell me that if we're dating. Ever.

"No offence Shawn I love your music and would love to do a duet with you but, can't Brent and I do the duet than? You said yourself he wants to sing too!" I said.

"Kyla. The decision is final. You have no choice. You signed a contract and you have to do what we say or were dropping you from the label."

"You have to be kidding." I said. They shook their heads.

"I should go. Wanna come over after Kyla?" Brent asked.

"Yeah I'll be there. I'll give you all the details then too." I said and hung up the phone. I never thought that management could actually control you like this. I thought they would be super chill and stuff. I guess I was wrong.

"The song you will be doing is called 'No Air'. It was originally written for Jordin Sparks but she decided not to use the song. So it's yours. Kyla well email you the details about the break up. From now on you're not allowed to be seen with Brent in public because you have been broken up for a while now because you found out that Brent had some history with one of your close friends who will not be named and that was to hard on you and you didn't want to ruin the friendship you guys have had for years. You two will go practice the song a few times maybe practice kissing as you two will have to kiss soon because you're dating."

"We're not dating." I said.

"You are now. That's why you had to break up with Brent. You two will start to fake date to help with publicity with the new song. It won't last very long. Maybe only six months till you decide to break up because of the distance. Your first date will be at 1 o'clock at the Olive Garden. After that you will go to the park. While at the park you both need to take some sort of picture together and upload it. Make it look like more then friendship but not dating. Shawn probably just kiss her cheek. You both will upload the photo. Once that is done Shawn will take you home and end the afternoon with a kiss. Sound good?"

"I guess. Come on Shawn lets go practice." I said leaving the room.

"Practice kissing too! We have cameras in there!" They yelled. We made our way to the recording room thing.

"I'm sorry you have to almost break up with your boyfriend." Shawn said.

"Don't worry it's not your fault." I said. He smiled sympathetically.

"Well, let's hear the track!" He said trying to make me feel better. I'm just glad I got most of the anger out at them at the beginning. Now it's mostly sadness. We pressed play on the track. The song was amazing. I loved it. I don't know how Jordin turned it down.

"Can I play you something?" He asked.

"Yeah. What is it?" I asked.

"Well it's this song I've been working on for my album. It's not done yet but, I just wanted to see if you'd like it." He said. I nodded. We were both sitting next to each other on the floor. He helped me sit down here earlier.

"She would not show that was afraid
But being and feeling alone was to much to face
Everyone said that she was so strong
What they didn't know was that she can barley carry on

But she knew that she would be okay
So she didn't let it get in her way

Sometimes it all gets a little too much
But you gotta realize that soon the fog will clear up
And you don't have to be afraid
Because we're all the same
And we know that sometimes it all gets a little too much" he sang playing the guitar. I've never heard anything more beautiful.

"Shawn, that was amazing." I said.

"You really think so?" He asked.

"It's beautiful." I said. He smiled and looked in my eyes. His eyes are amazing. Is he going to kiss me? If he is, I don't even know. I want him to but I don't want him too. I have Brent. But he is really amazing too. I thought about his song. That one lyric where he says 'you don't have to be afraid.' His eyes flickered to my lips then back at my eyes. I nodded wanting to kiss him really badly. He leaned in slowly and closed his eyes. They did say we needed to practice. Or were they kidding? I honestly don't care. I closed my eyes and soon felt his lips on mine. We kissed for a few minutes before we pulled away.

"Sorry." He said blushing. I blushed too.

"No no it's fine." I said.

"No you have a boyfriend." He said.

"I have to break up with him anyways." I said picking at my finger nails. I always thought Brent and I were made for each other. But if we were, I wouldn't have cheated twice.

"No you just have to date in priv-"

"No Shawn, I can't be with such a nice guy like him. I'm just no good for him. He deserves someone amazing. Someone who will treat him the way he treats me. He deserves a good person." I said.

"You are a good person." He said. Should I tell him about what happened with me and Harry?

"Do you promise not to tell?" I asked. He nodded.

"About 2 months ago, I cheated on him. I'm not saying who because they mean a lot as a friend to me and I don't want to lose that friendship. I didn't mean to, I just needed some sort of closure because I was getting feelings for him, really strong ones and, I'm sorry Shawn." I said. I didn't even realize tears were streaming down my face. I really am no good for Brent.

"Kyla, it's okay, you just needed that closure with him and that's what you got. And it's all my fault for kissing you in the first place." He said. I just sighed and ran a hand through my hair. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and I rested my head in his neck. I started to think in the silence. Try to figure out what happened last night when my phone rang.

"Hel-"

"Kyla are you okay?!" Skye said sounding panicked.

"Yeah why?" I asked.

"Do you not remember what happened last night?" She asked.

"No." I said sighing.

"It was Brent, and some blonde girl. Remember you caught them in the bathroom making out and he wasn't even drunk." She said. Tears streamed down my face.

"I gotta go." I said hanging up.

"What's wrong?" Shawn asked.

"Brent cheated last night." I said.

"It's okay Kyla. I'm here for you. As your fake boyfriend, and if you want, real boyfriend." Shawn said.