Chapter 29

Hayes POV

"You're awake!" I said. She smiled.

"Yeah. How long was I out?" She asked.

"I'm not sure. Not long. You got hurt pretty bad though. You almost died." I said.

"I almost died?!" She said.

"Yeah. Your heart stopped. The doctors almost couldn't save you. Pretty scary of you ask me." I said. She laughed.

"It was terrifying. None of us thought you'd wake up today." I said.

"Well. Here I am. You know. I still don't get how you're 14. You're way to cute to be 14." She said. I laughed.

"No I'm serious." She said laughing. We both just laughed.

"You wanna know what's crazy?" she asked.

"What?" I asked.

"The whole time. I could hear everything. I couldn't see. But I could hear. Don't tell anyone that though. It was scary when I heard Liam yell she's not breathing. I thought I was gonna die." She said. I looked down at my hands. She tried to sit up.

"Ow." She said.

"Yeah. You shouldn't do that. You have fractured ribs." I said.

"Poop." She said. I smiled.

"I don't get how you're 18. You act like you're 14." I said. She stuck her tongue out at me. I laughed. She did eventually too.

"Oh Hayes. Never grow up." she said.

"That sounds pretty hard." I said. She smiled.

"To bad. If I could of adopt you. I don't think your mum would like that though." She said.

"Well Nash lives with Cameron and comes over to visit all the time." I said. She laughed.

"Hey. Nash is doing a live stream." I said.

"Lemme see!" She said. I put the phone so we could both see.

"Hey guys. As you can see, I'm here in the hospital because Kyla got hit by a car. It sucks. Were all waiting for her to wake up. I'm worried because she almost died earlier. So, make sure you all show your support for Kyla. Love you guys." He said. It ended after that.

"Aw. That was so cute. We should let them know I'm up now." She said.

"Nah. They can wait." I said. She smiled.

"We need to hang out more my little Hayes ewaysie." She said. I groaned.

"Don't call me that!" I said. She laughed.

"Why not?"

"Because it makes me seem little!" I said.

"You are!" She said. I groaned and I laughed.

"How can you get hit by a car and still be your normal self?" I asked.

"I don't know. I don't really feel much. Unless I try to sit up." She said. I nodded.

"AHA! I knew you're awake! I heard you guys laughing in here!" Nash said barging in.

"Nash!" She said.

"Kyla!" He said opening his arms.

"No hug." I said.

"Why not?" He asked.

"I don't know maybe because I have broken ribs?" She said. She smiled.

"Oh Kyla. Still the same old same old." He said.

"Yep. Now. When can I get out of here?" She asked.

"Not for a while. You just got hit by a car." Nash said. She groaned.

"I'm gonna go tell the nurse you're awake." Nah said. We both nodded.

Nash's POV

I walked out to the nurses. I was about to say something when I heard their conversation.

"That girl Kyla's going to die in there! Did you see her wounds!" One said.

"I know. I feel bad for her friends. I can't believe they have any hope she'll survive." The other said.

"Um. Excuse me. That girl that you thinks gonna die in there? Yeah. She just woke up." I said. Their face expressions were shocked. They ran to get the doctor. That what I thought. Jerks.