XX

important author's note at the end - please read!

Ella's point of view 

His voice was smooth like silk, everything he did was effortless and at this moment effortless was exactly what I needed. 

There was a silence that fell between us all, my family stared up at him then back down at me. Their eyes flickered between us for a few seconds, absolute shock was plastered on their faces. 

I cleared my throat, hoping to gain their attention. Their eyes snapped towards me, I could practically feel the questions swarming behind their gaze.

The hand around my waist tightened and my nerves eased away. Hades was here, he would help me deal with my family. 

"Everyone, this is Hades, my boyfriend," I was the first one to break the silence between us. 

My voice seemed to snap my father out of whatever trance he was under, he reached his hand out to Hades. 

"It's nice to meet you, Hades," My father said. 

As they shook hands I could feel my mother and Nina stare at me, if they were out in the lake I may have mistaken them for fish by the way their mouths kept opening and closing. 

I wanted to laugh but decided against it, now was not the time. Nash, my father, and Hades peeled away from us. They walked over to the car, surely talking about some sports team.

I wondered if Hades watched sport, let alone was interested in it. Before I could get lost in my thoughts my mother finally decided that her words had returned to her.

"Ella Thompson, you have to be playing some kind of joke on us," She stated, a dead serious look occupying her face.

Her words shocked me, did she not think I was good enough for Hades? 

"I regret to inform you that I am not joking mother," I said. 

Nina and my mom nodded their heads slightly, seemingly in disbelief. 

We walked up the porch stairs and entered the cabin we would be staying in. It was warm and well decorated in light tones. The interior was new and I guessed that it had recently been redone. 

All three of us ended up in the lounge, on two large sofas in front of a well-lit fire. I watched out of the large window at Hades. He, Nash, and my father had placed our luggage on the porch and were down by the lake. 

I refocused my attention towards my mother and Nina who sat staring out of the same window at Hades. I was beginning to rethink my decision of agreeing to come with Hades. A part of me wished we were back down in the underworld, away from questioning eyes. 

"You've certainly got yourself a heck of a man, Ella," Nina said. Her questioning gaze stared down on me. 

A light blush tinted my skin at her words, I knew Hades was good-looking but I had always wondered if everyone else was as affected by him as I am. 

I suppose in a way he interested others, his beauty was unlike any other. It was hard to explain, his features were human yet he seemed godly, carved from some expensive marble while the rest of us were simply thrown together from a common stone. 

I wondered if all gods were like this? Were they all seemingly chiseled from some worldly expensive stone? And, did they all have that aura, the type that demanded attention. 

It demanded to be paid attention to, but did it cause others to turn their head towards them in awe like how others did to Hades? 

"Where did you meet him?" My mother asked.