XXIX

Ella's point of view 

I stood there in bewilderment as the truth spilt out and choked me with the realization of what was truly going on. Nothing that was happening was a mistake. Everything had been carefully planned out; decided upon long before Hades and I met. 

I stared at Hades as he stood across the room from me, watching me attentively. For the gods, none of this was new information. The Fates had controlled mortals for as long as time had existed and the gods could not change this. 

However, I was not supposed to be mortal, I was destined for something more something greater than me. 

"I'm not supposed to be mortal, they shouldn't be able to control me," I said, staring at Hades in question. 

He smiled softly at me as if he could see within the depths of my soul, the intensity of his gaze caused me to blush almost. 

"You were mortal before you were ever supposed to be a goddess, that is their loophole," Hades answered my question, staring straight into my eyes. 

"You never said I was supposed to be a goddess." My eyes were wide in slight shock and disbelief at his words. 

Hades had always said that I was not mortal and the other gods had made it clear that I was the prophecy, but none of them had ever mentioned that I was supposed to be one of them. The realization hit me so suddenly that it stunned me briefly. 

"The Fates never told me that you were supposed to be a goddess and the prophecy never specified, but I can see now that you have changed," He seemed stunned himself as if he too was trying to comprehend all the information that had been spoken about this morning. 

"You noticed it as well?" I questioned. 

He nodded his head solemnly, "I noticed it in the West Wing when I saw you surrounded by lavender and daffodils, the light shined differently around you as if you were its source." 

His eyes had trailed off to somewhere far from here as he remembered the sight of me surrounded with thorns and sitting under the pomegranate tree. It was another one of their sick jokes, the pomegranate trees that seemed to haunt my every move were them. 

The Fates continued to will me forward and make a decision, the offer Hades had made me sat unmoving between us and the Fates wanted me to say yes. 

Six pomegranate seeds. Six pomegranate seeds are all it will take for me to be his queen, for my mortality to be lost in time forever. The offer tempted me. 

I knew deep down that this is what I wanted, I wanted to be Hades' Queen and I didn't care what twisted game the Fates played, this was my destiny and I couldn't run from it much longer. 

No matter how hard I tried to forget about the prophecy or the truth, it always seemed to claw it's way back to me. To lodge its way into my brain and control my decisions. 

"I want to eat the pomegranate seeds," I stated. 

The statement was so out of the blue that it surprised Hades momentarily. He stood there in front of me, unmoving and mouth slightly agape. He seemed frozen by my revelation. 

Suddenly he was in front of me, his warm calloused hands holding my face. A bright smile greeted me as I looked up at the god before me. 

"Are you sure?" He questioned so softly that I almost missed his words. 

I nodded my head, beaming back up at him as joy encompassed me. I wanted to be his queen and I wanted to feel the darkness around me. I welcomed the uncertainty it bought and let it flow through me. It excited me in ways that I could never explain.