XXV

Ella's point of view 

I stood stoically near the door; watching Hade's pace through the large room.

My eyes flickered around the room. It was grand, decorated in the finest gold and ivory.

I turned my attention back to Hades, Zeus' words had not only confused me but had angered Hades.

I watched silently as he cursed Zeus, his anger rolled off of him in waves. They clung to me, making the room grow thick in tension.

I felt the shake of the palace as he let his anger surface. I wanted to say something, but I did not know what to say.

Instead, I stepped towards him, the ruffle of my dress seemed to snap him out of his anger-like trance.

His head turned towards me, his eyes trained solely on me. They watched me as a hunter does to its prey. It was a wonder-like gaze, one filled with questions and answers I wanted to know.

I stepped closer now, I was only a foot away but the distance seemed so far. I felt a lifetime away from the man before me.

"Hades, what did Zeus mean?" I ask, taking another step towards him.

Hid face contorted into a look of disgust; presumably at the mention of Zeus' name.

I reached my hand up towards him, stroking his cheek. He relaxed at the touch, his eyes flickered closed and he inhaled softly.

"Zeus said a lot of things my love, just ignore everything that comes out of his mouth," Hades whispered back in answer.

"Hades, what did he mean about the necklace?" I pressed.

I wanted to know more. I was tired of being kept in the dark because Hades was trying to protect me. It was flattering, to say the least. The fact that he cared enough about me to try protects me.

However, I wanted to know what went on in Hades' life.

Hades sighed at the mention of the necklace. He had hoped I had forgotten about what Zeus had said.

His eyes flickered open and he looked at me cautiously. I nodded my head in encouragement, hoping he would tell me what Zeus had meant.

"Why don't we take a seat and I will tell you," Hades offered. His hand gestured out towards the love seat near the large window. The seat occupied a large portion of a wall made of glass that encompassed the land below.

I nodded my head in agreement and moved towards the love seat. It was modern and made of a soft white material.

I sat down and let myself grow comfortable in the seat as I waited for Hades to join me.

He paced around the room again, and I worried that he would leave a trail of footprints embedded into the carpet if he continued.

He eventually stopped, just as I was beginning to feel dizzy from watching him. He placed himself down in the space next to me.

I smiled at him, hoping he would ease up and tell me about the necklace. It had seemed to be important as Zeus recognized it almost immediately.

By the way, Hades had reacted I assumed it meant a lot more to him than a simple necklace would.

My hands reached up subconsciously towards the necklace. I began to fiddle with it. Zeus had said it was a ring but I wanted to hear from Hades what the necklace was.

"Is it a ring?" I asked nervously. My eyes flickered down towards my hands.

I picked at my nails as I waited for Hades' answer. A part of me was intrigued by the necklace and that it could be a ring. Yet, there was the other part of me that was confused by all of this.