IX

Ella's point of view

After the darkness wrapped around me, I fell into a deep slumber and my dreams were once again filled with the dark haired man. The dreams were vivid to the point where I almost believed they were real. Some were short and some seemed to last for hours, but I knew they must have only been a couple of minutes.

What happened in the dreams I can't remember, all I do remember is the deep blue eyes that followed me from one dream into the next. Sometimes those eyes were angry and sometimes they shone with joy and other times they were tired or peaceful.

I slowly woke from the last dream, I laid unmoving with my eyes still closed. I willed my brain to remember the contents of the last dream but my memory failed me, the only thing I remembered were Hades' blue eyes. He was peaceful in this dream as his eyes shone with a sense of calmness that I had not seen in them either one of the times we had met.

I thought about Hades and how he seemed to be a very playful but stoic man. Sometimes, when he didn't realize you were watching, he would have a far away look in his eyes like he was worlds away in wonderland. In those moments when you caught him with his guard down he always had a pained look on his face, I had begun to wonder what he had endured throughout his life to cause him such pain.

Sighing, I shifted in the bed and stretched my arms up before rolling over to face the other side of the bed. When I saw the figure sleeping softly next to my bed I nearly let out a scream but stopped when I saw the obsidian hair that fell in soft curls on his face.

I was frozen in shock, I didn't dare move a muscle as I stared at the same man that had taunted me in my dreams. Only this time I could see everything but his eyes, it was quiet ironic since I could only see his eyes in my dreams.

I nearly giggled at this, but stopped myself when I realized that I had not invited Hades into my house or even given him directions to where I lived before. So how did he know where I lived and more importantly, how the hell did he end up inside my house, sprawled out on a chair next to my bed.

He looked to be sound asleep in a rather uncomfortable position, I grimaced when I realized how sore he would be when he awoke.

How was I going to go about this? Should I wake up the handsome man next to me or leave him to sleep? I gazed back at the man before me. Dark circles inhabited the skin under his eyes. Waking him up suddenly sounded very selfish so I dismissed the idea completely.

Why was I even contemplating this? A man I barely knew was next to me and I wanted to let him sleep in because he looked tired; what was wrong with me?

Even though Hades and I were barely acquaintances there was a sense of belonging that flooded my body whenever he was near. This frightened me more than you could ever imagine. I was always the smart one when I was growing up, never talk to strangers or get into someone's car that you don't know.

I had always listened and obliged to these rules and the plenty others that were similar to those ones. I was positive that 'not getting startled when you wake up with a stranger in your bed that you never invited into your house' was not on that list.

I was so deep in thought that I had not noticed the deep blue eyes that were staring at me until I looked up and let a shriek fall from my lips.

"Hades! For the Gods' sake don't do that!" I yelled, while holding a hand over my beating heart. I swear it stopped working for a second.

Hades let out a small laugh that sounded like the finest of music and this time I knew my heart stopped for a few seconds.

I looked up at him in awe, he looked so calm and peaceful with his lopsided smile and unruly bedhead. I could not hold back the smiled that adorned my face even if I tried.