AA&MV; All the things you said and should've said

[Sometimes I want to strangle you]

Requested by: -

Publish date: 26-01-2021

Word count: 670

I don't even know? 

Max and Alex weren't exactly friends. They got along fine, sure. The word friends would give their relationship too much credit.

»»————-  ————-«« 

There were things Max said that Alex wished he didn't say. Like the time he told him they were thinking of replacing him. It wasn't right to be mad at him, logically he knew this. Don't shoot the messenger and all that. However, he couldn't help the anger bubbling in his stomach at the nonchalance way it came out of his mouth. He didn't know what this was like, he had always been their golden boy. 

Max just tried to warn him.

»»————-  ————-««

There were things Max said through his teeth, angry at the way he ruined his qualifying lap. 

"It was your turn to give me a tow, you ruined this for the both of us!" An angry expression which told Alex he was done for. He was walking on thin ice and this was just the nail in his coffin. 

"It's always my turn to give you the tow, the don't give those opportunities to me." He muttered angrily. Quiet, underneath his breath.

Max still heard him. 

»»————-  ————-««

There were things Max said too quietly, in a way that told Alex he cared. Probably in a way he shouldn't.

"I don't like to see you go." 

"I don't want to go."

Neither of them did anything to change it. 

»»————-  ————-««

There were things Max didn't say at all.

He didn't have to, Alex knew what he wanted to say anyway.

»»————-  ————-««

There were things Max said when Alex was drunk. The sad kind.

Crying over the only thing Alex cried about, lately. Snotting all over Max' dress shirt that cost more than anything Alex owned.

"I'm sorry," Max said. Voice laced with sympathy. 

Alex wasn't sure if he meant it. He appreciated the sentiment anyway.

»»————-  ————-««

There were things Max said when Alex was scared

"you'll be fine"

They both knew it was a lie

»»————-  ————-««

There were things Max said that Alex wasn't meant to hear.

"I don't think they'll keep him till the end of the season, not after last weekend."

Alex couldn't help, but think that he was right. He would drop him too if he was in their shoes.

 »»————-  ————-««

There were things Max said on a quiet night. 

When the team was packing up their stuff and the sun had set. A weekend in which they brought home a shocking zero points for the team and morale was low.

"Sometimes I wonder what I do this for."

Me too thought Alex, me too. 

»»————-  ————-«« 

There were things Max said when he was driving.

In a kind of disparaging tone. The one he used when he was fed up with someone.

Alex just wasn't used to being on the receiving end. 

»»————-  ————-««

There were things Max said when  Alex was crying 

A soft comforting voice that didn't match him at all. 

"You'll be okay."

Alex doubts that's true.

»»————-  ————-««

There were things Max said that made Alex feel like shit

"He's too far off my pace to use his data. It's useless."

Alex couldn't help to feel like a nuisance 

»»————-  ————-««

There were things Max said when he was drunk

Things he didn't mean, that's what he'd tell Alex later. Alex knew better. 

Drunken words are a sober man's thoughts. 

»»————-  ————-««

There were things Max said when Alex thought it was over

A goodbye of some sort. 

he had dug his grave too deep.

»»————-  ————-««

There were things Max said when Alex was the happiest he's ever been. 

"I told you you'd be fine!"

Alex laughed. He's always right, isn't he?

»»————-  ————-««

and there were things he said in his head, late at night. When he replayed their conversations in a way he knew he shouldn't.

Max still did.

»»————-  ————-««
I can't tell if this shit or not, but at this point, you just deserve something to read tbh