CL; Goodbye My Lover

Requested by: -Publish date: 29-09-2019Word count: 369 

Requested by: -
Publish date: 29-09-2019
Word count: 369 

There she stood, long hair sticking to her glossy lips which were turned upwards in a soft smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

Her watery eyes hidden well behind her messy hair as she takes a step closer. Her shaking hand reaching out towards the man, which looked more like a boy, in front of her. 

His shaky breath hitched when her small hand gently touched his shoulder. Everything was so unsettling familiar like a faint memory blocked out of his mind, but there was one thing that stood out as he pulled his shoulder away from her hand. 

Her small soft hand had never felt so foreign. The warm comfort it used to bring was completely ripped away. Her hand, cold as ice like a winter morning and suddenly he remembered.

Cold sweat dripped down his back as he desperately tried to control his breathing. Short shallow breaths not fulfilling his need for air as a thumping headache already formed behind his eyes. He desperately tried, but he couldn't stop the tears that streamed down his face.

He remembered.

As the waterfalls rolled down his cheek the intensity of the situation caught up with him. His shaking hands reaching up to wipe his tears away and he couldn't help the aching. 

He remembered.

He would never wipe away the tears from her cheeks again. He would never need to comfort her again because there was nothing he could do, nothing he could say as his throat became dry from the short inhales.

He remembered and there was nothing that could be done to bring her back.

She was gone and he remembered.

It was his fault, his stupid luck. It was the curse surrounding him, he was better of alone and for the first time, he let the tears fall down his cheeks. No longer needing to be strong for her.

She was gone and he was tired of pretending he was fine, tired of trying to stay strong because all he ever needed was to let go and say goodbye.