CL; There is nothing to be afraid of

[I think you're just afraid to be happy] 

Requested By: Ginaleclerc16 
Can I have this one with Charles, please? The reader tells him this.
Publish date: 10/06/2019
Word count: 711 

The Japanese air sent shivers over your body, the mid-autumn breeze holding some coldness and spreading it over the paddock.

You were standing right outside the Ferrari garage, waiting on your boyfriend after his third podium-place. He had told you to stay outside which was weird as it is, but when he took way too long to be normal worry settled in your chest.

Sure, he had told you to wait outside, but since when did you listen to anyone anyway?

There was not a lot that could happen in the small number of steps to his driver's room, but there was still an uneasy feeling gnawing in your stomach. He had been off the entire weekend and, sure, it was Japan so him being off was not weird at all. What was weird was him just disappearing on you. Leaving you alone in the cold.

You stood behind the door, hand in the air debating whether to knock on the door or actually listen to him for once and turn around to wait on him. You decided the former was the best option and it was probably your curiosity that really made that decision for you.

There were some soft noises that could be heard from where you were standing behind the door and it, just for a second, made you wonder if you were making the right decision. Your fist, however, had already made contact with the wooden door and it swung open revealing Charles with an exasperated look on his face.

He definitely didn't expect to see you because immediately his facial expression changed. His brows furrowing in confusion and lips slightly apart in surprise. "I thought I told you to stay outside?"

You would be lying if you said that his comment did not slightly hurt your feelings, slipping through the crack of the door stooping underneath his arm which was settled on the doorframe. "And I would have, if you didn't take a century, besides that it isn't very gentlemanly of you to leave your girlfriend in the freezing cold – alone."

You flopped onto the small sofa as you kicked off your shoes, making yourself at home. Your eyes travelled back to Charles' face and you were not sure what you expected, but his face was set in an emotion, impossible to describe.

Maybe barging in a person's room, when said person asked to be left alone was not your brightest plan.

The Monegasque sat down next to you. His hand settling on your thigh, force of habit you supposed.

His eyebrows were still firmly knitted together, and he was biting on his bottom lip, in what seemed to be nerves.

Why would he be nervous?

Your head moved to the side, much like a puppy would do, trying to read his body language. "Is something wrong?"

You were not sure what you expected but it was not this. Whatever this was.

"I think we should break up."

Your nose scrunched up, like when you were trying to decipher a very difficult math problem, and you let out a quiet snort. "No"

Charles looked up from his lap, eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Uhm, No?"

"You heard me." A beat of silence and then. "You don't want to break up with me, I think- I think you're just afraid to be happy." Your arms crossed in front of your chest.

"This podium is digging up emotions and maybe I'll never be able to actually grasp any of that, because I didn't know him, at least not like you did, but don't start pushing people away because of it. If us breaking up is really what you want then let's take a break, but just take a moment to sort out your actual emotions."

He nodded; eyes filled with tears as he sniffled.

"I love you, Charlie, you know that. You'll be fine I promise." A pause and then

"We'll be fine."

-

 I can't end these things lmao