MA; Just Dinner Things

[Just pretend to be my date]
Requested by: HajarKonina0
Can I have this with Marcus Armstrong? Thank you
Publish date: 08/07/2019
Word count: 971

You were laying on your stomach on your bed, your feet in the air as you scrolled through your phone. You were bored out of your mind, normally this was when you would go out with your friends, but none of them had time. One of them already on their holiday and the others either could not or made an excuse to escape having to hang out.

Naturally, you resorted to spending your time scrolling through your Instagram feed, mindlessly opening, and closing apps. As you rolled around to your back, you plopped down your phone. You were absolutely done with staring at your phone all day and frankly, it had given you a headache.

Life, apparently, was against you as the device started buzzing next to you. You picked the buzzing phone up with a groan and, without checking the contact name, brought the device to your ear. "Yea-." You did not even get the chance to finish your sentence as you got interrupted by the person on the other side of the line.

"I need you to do something for me."

Chuckling you straightened up. "Well, hello to you too." You quickly looked at the contact name to confirm your suspicion, a short pause before continuing. "Marcus, what can I do for you on this lovely evening."

"Do you have a dress?"

The question did nothing to erase some confusing, so you raised your eyebrows intrigued by his sudden 'situation' he apparently needed your help for.

You let out a confused chuckle before answering his question. Voice still laced with confusion. "Uhm, obviously why?"

"You know, I might have done something." His voice sounded adorably desperate and you knew he had done something incredibly stupid. Which only made the grin on your face widen. You loved it when he was uncomfortable, in a very loving, friendly, kind of way

"What'd you do?"

Marcus let out an uncomfortable chuckle. You could imagine his hands travelling through his hair in distress. His cheeks probably flushed in embarrassment "Well, I might've told everyone I have a girlfriend."

"Okay, well. That is not that bad. You can just tell them it didn't work out in a while." This did not seem like a big deal to you and you were not sure what Marcus could possibly need from you.

There was an awkward huff on the other side of the line followed by some silence before Marcus said: "Yeah, I could, but you see. I told them I would bring her to the next team dinner. Which is in, like, two hours."

You could not hold in the laugh that escaped past your lips. Shaking your head in disbelieve. "Yep, you're fucked."

"Am I though?"

Furrowing your brows together you chewed at your bottom lip. A smile still gracing your lips at his stupidity. "I can't think of something which wouldn't result in everyone finding out you're a big fat liar."

Marcus let out a sigh and almost as though in despair he said, "Just pretend to be my date."

Stuttering out some nonsense, you shifted the phone to your other ear. You were not sure what to expect from the phone call, but it definitely was not him asking you to pretend to be his girlfriend in front of the entire team.

"Please." A small pout found its way to Marcus' lips and despite not being able to see his face, you knew his eyes had changed in puppy-eyes by now, practically begging you to help him out of a problem he created for himself.

It was then that you realised you should have tried harder to find something to do this evening because now you could not say no. "I- Well, I guess I'm free?"

"Oh my god! Yes, Thanks! I mean, yeah cool, I'll pick you up."

You wanted to ask him the details, but before you knew it you were met by the tone, indicating he had hung up on you already. "Bitch"

Your phone was somewhere left behind on your bed as you walked towards your closet. You had about a dozen dresses, but Marcus had not said anything to indicate how fancy this team dinner was supposed to be and if you're guessing he was too busy fretting about his predicament to pick up the phone.

You settled for a black dress. You could never go wrong with one of those, right?

Once you finished with your hair and make-up, after a nice long warm shower, you checked the time. He had called you around one and a half hour ago. He had told you it was in two hours, so he could be here at any moment.

Grabbing your stuff, you put on your heels. You knew he hated it when you wore heels. With your 175 cm height, you were already taller than him without heels, but this was supposed to be a fancy dinner and you felt like sneakers were not exactly an option.

Immediately after you put on your last heel you were met by the doorbell, opening the door you smiled at Marcus who was wearing a fancy suit.

"Let me grab my jacket. I'll be right there." As you turned around and quickly ran up the stairs, which was hard in heels, you left Marcus at the doorway.

His lips slightly parted as he took in your appearance. A weird sensation filling the bottom of his stomach. "Damn."

He was still looking at the stairs when you came down and you could not help but chuckle.

"Are you ready Mr Boyfriend?"

-