without you

made: 2021
edit: 2022

I walk into the lounge room with a small smile on my face as I look up to see my girlfriend Yelena placed on the couch. I make my way over to her and softly sit down next to her and place my head on her shoulder.

I hold onto her arm slightly as she kisses my forehead softly, as I stare ahead with a blank look....Something felt off.

I continue to look straight ahead as the sound of the wind blowing outside and the blinds smacking the glass window from time to time fill my ears. I get snapped back to reality as I hear the sound of the phone ring echo through the house.

"Just one second, dear." I say as I stand up. Yelena nods in response as I then make my way to the phone.

"Hello?" I ask as I pick up the phone and place it on my ear. "Hey sweetheart!" It was my mother "do you think you can come over today, maybe?" She asked in a sweet tone, I tap my finger on the kitchen counter constantly as I replied "Sure! Can I bring Yelena with me?" I finish.

I turn confused as I can basically hear my mother frown from the other side of the phone as she speaks "What do you mean dear?...she...died two years ago." Just as that sentence hits my ears I start to feel dizzy as I quickly rush back over to the lounge room to see nobody there...

I feel my breath hitch in my throat as the phone slips out of my hand and hits the tiled floor below me. I feel tears build up in my eyes as loud sobs leave my throat.

I sob more but feel everything stop as I feel a presence behind me, I slowly turn my head as tears still streamed down my face as I made eye contact with Pieck, a old friend of mine and Yelena's.

Pieck forms a small smile as tears stream down her face as well. She then crouched down so she was on the floor with me and opened her arms for me. I immediately jumped into her arms as we sobbed with each other.

"I miss her so much Pieck." I chocked out between sobs "I miss her too.." Pieck said back in her normal comforting tone as she rubbed my back and hugged me tight.

Little did we know, Yelena was watching over us as we couldn't see her but she smiled sadly and wrapped her arms around the two of us.

~

I hope this made sense this was kinda just a shit post- BUT ANYWAYS, have a good afternoon/evening/night I love you all!

~

{Word Count:499}