Chapter 10 : " Stay With Me"

Vansh expected his wife to fight with him for kidnapping her, well he wasn't sure if it was the right way to get her attention but she hadn't raised any protest after the initial shock much to his relief and yet she was lost in her thoughts throughout the ride that he wondered if she was still scared to be alone with him.

"Thinking of the danger of being alone with a murderer like always ?" Vansh spoke up and her piercing eyes trained back at him at those words with an angry glare.

"Why do you always attempt to scare me or expect me to see the bad side of you then any good in you " his wife asked after a minute of silence and he knew she was asking about the initial days of their marriage where he had scared enough to make her believe him to be a monster.

"It was easier to keep the distance between us when you are scared out of your mind to be around me " Vansh admitted truthfully even when he suspected her to be married to him for nefarious reasons , he had always been drawn to her and his actions were meant to keep her from tempting him further.

" Do you want distance between us now? , is this trip an attempt to enlighten me on how we could never be together " Riddhima answered back , his question had stemmed from his need to get to know what was going on her mind , if she was still scared of him but she interpreted it very differently .

And for once Vansh could see how much blind he had been expecting that his wife will be able to see the changes in him without sharing anything with her.

Vansh had played hot and cold with her feelings for so long, it was given she was still confused by him. Her fears made so much sense now than few hours ago, while Riddhima reasons could very well stem from her abandonment at birth, he didn't do anything to make her feel secure with him either. 

Even now she was looking at him for answer and the words were stuck in his mind because he was scared to voice out how much she means to him too , Vansh was capable of showing his emotions by actions, but words always failed him.

So he did what he could at the moment before his wife could cover her heart with a wall at his silence, he gently pulled her towards him that she was almost on his lap and held her near him.

" No Distance , I want you close to me always " he spoke up giving her the words and he expected her to push him away once he made his point but was surprised when she leaned on to him and stayed as close as possible with him for  the rest of the ride. 

And promptly his sweet wife fell asleep, a part of him envied her comfortableness where he was a nervous wreck but another part of him cherished that she was no longer afraid to let her guard down around him .

Riddhima giving her trust to him mattered a lot to Vansh , she may be afraid of their future but his wife trusted him when it comes to her safety not just her heart as of yet .

Once the car slowed down, his wife woke up and starred at him with a hint of smile which made Vansh want to remain locked in that moment forever.

" Where are we ?" his wife asked as she tried to look outside the car window to see their destination and was surprised to find the old house of Vihaan starring back at her . 

When Vansh had decided to take Riddhima out of their house, so they can finally talk this was the place that popped into his mind first, but he wasn't going to bring her to worn down house as it is, the place worked as a cover for Vihaan identity back then and now he had hoped it will work to bring his wife closer to him.

The last time they entered the house, Vansh had been holding Riddhima in his arms because she fainted at the sight of him. All his plans  for revenge derailed when he brought her into this house and she asked his help to stop the marriage with Kabir, her pleading him to help her had been the reason he changed his plans for revenge back then and if not for that Vansh could very well have went on destroying his innocent wife in his misguided revenge.