Chapter 6:" Face -Off "

Riddhima stood in the VR mansion and wished she became a actress instead of marrying her husband, because if she had been an actress, she would have gotten the script before hand, so she know how to react in advance, but with Vansh it was an different task altogether as he tend to  test her limits by spontaneously going off script at the last minute

It has been almost twelve days since Vansh kicked out Aryan , sent Ishaani to live with Angre, and then moved Siya to safe location, and for the past twelve days they have been acting so well that Kabir should have walked into their trap and yet so far he had been silent that Riddhima began to fear that he is working up some other bigger plan that may risk Vansh and her family.

Right now, her husband was drunk and standing in the living room shouting for her, and Riddhima stood there as a statue because she had no idea how to react to this scene, they have been pretending to fight every day so to be overheard, so she can't act like the concerned wife and she had no idea why he had to get drunk either.

" My Pretty Pretty Wife, Come here. Let not fight anymore " his drunken voice called out to her and she stood still briefly contemplating whether to act outraged or concerned, because both Dadi and Kabir with his mother was present in the room, Riddhima didn't want Dadi to assume she was heartless to not forgive her husband

" Vansh, This  isn't like you. Riddhima take him to the room and tomorrow when you wake up, we are going to talk, first you send your family out of the house , and now you destroy yourself drinking like this for no reason. I don't understand what gotten into you " Dadi spoke up first making Riddhima follow her instruction and tried to drag her husband to the room first, but she wasn't strong enough to move him an inch.

"Vansh, What are you doing ?. Let go to our room , Don't you see Dadi is getting upset ? " Riddhima spoke up loud enough to make him come with her but he still refused to budge from his place. 

"Dadi Dadi only cares for her grand daughter, Where is Siya and bring Ishaani back home, I am tired of listening to this everyday, Maybe Dadi should go and live with Ishaani if she cares so much " Vansh drunken voice shouted again and Riddhima was left speechless as she turned towards Dadi who had already slumped on the couch in shock.

" Maybe I should leave, If my own Grandson doesn't want me "Dadi words were filled with pain and Riddhima tried to rush to comfort her, tell Dadi that he was drunk and didn't mean it but his hands held her back as Anupriya and Kabir stepped into comfort Dadi instead and Riddhima knew Vansh had successfully sent Dadi away from the house at a great personal cost.

He had hurt Dadi by his words and Riddhima didn't like it as she marched back inside the room leaving him alone. She didn't realize she had been crying until few minutes later he walked inside the room, no longer drunk. She knew he had been acting to be drunk. Vansh wouldn't lose himself in alchohol now when his mind needs to be alert, yet she didn't know what was going on his mind until now.

"You have crossed a line today? " Riddhima shouted at him.

"This is War Riddhima, there is no line " Vansh answered back, his words were filled with pain and Riddhima felt foolish not to realize how it must have hurt him to do what he did and yet he did for his Dadi sake. And she shouldn't have been upset with him for trying to protect his family.

"I am sorry Vansh, I am sorry " Riddhima spoke up and went to hug him as if she could provide him the comfort he needed , Vansh loves his family and yet he was alienating them to protect them. And Riddhima loved him more for it and she shouldn't have reacted like it blaming him when he was doing everything to help his family.

                     ***********************************************************

For a moment Vansh feared they were going to have a real fight, Riddhima was upset that Dadi was hurt and Vansh knew that it was a price he had to pay, the last few days he had left enough hint to make Kabir think he was Vihaan, Riddhima and him had fought almost most of the time to ensure he never suspects anything else and yet his plans had an obstacle in the name of his Dadi who seemed quite insistent on bringing back Ishaani and Siya  home.