Chapter 4 : "New Beginning"

An hour later. 

Riddhima paced along the room as she waited for Vansh to return, if she had expected him to trust her then she was the foolish one, because he left as soon as she spoke up without a glance at her direction, she had wanted to go after him, to see if he is doing okay but a part of her refused to go after him to plead him to trust her again.

Riddhima knew he had enemies who tried to bring him down, she understood his reasons for not trusting her when she first entered this house, she even forgave the manner he threatened her to marry him because she was spying on him and she felt like he had reasons to be wary of her and she also assumed him to be a monster who killed Ragini and so marrying her against her will didn't seem like much worse back then.

Then foolishly she fell in love and thought he felt the same, there were moments between them that made her see the man behind the killer mask he wore to scare her, the one who came to her rescue every time she was in danger, she saw him of her protector against his family who had tried to kill her countless times already. 

When he refused to believe her back then, if she said anything about his family.  She even accepted that because she was the stranger in the house and she didn't think he would trust her over his family when she had been keeping secrets of her own. And yet today as she realized he didn't trust her even now,  she was hurt. She expected him to trust her even if she kept telling out loud that he wont believe her to prevent herself from getting hurt, still she was hurt that Vansh Rai Singhania couldn't find it in himself to trust his wife not even a bit.

Riddhima knew the truth wasn't something easy for him to handle, It was the reason she wanted proof or earn back his trust before telling him, so that she could be beside him at this moment to offer comfort and yet she was cast aside as always, her parents cast her outside their life when they left her in the Orphanage, Kabir used her and her love for him to gain Vansh's money and was willing to even risk her life and thus proving to her , she never mattered to him. He had cast aside her love and her for his greed

And now Vansh had cast her away due to the fact he can't trust her. Sadly his rejection hurts her the most because by marrying her, she had found herself having a family , she thought of his family as hers that she endured everything they threw at her, the words that broke her heart, the taunts that broke her respect and the actions that physically harmed her and she endured all of that and still saw them as her family. 

Even now she had told him the truth to protect Siya, his sister. Yet he didn't trust her. And she had no idea how to gain it back either, at the moment she was willing to do anything to save Siya, because Ragini death was still haunting her. Vansh fault maybe that he refuse to trust her but Riddhima trusted easily, she trusted Kabir words and she trusted Kabir proof's , and the price of that misplaced trust was Ragini death and the guilt it left her. 

Riddhima refused to feel the same way about Siya, if anything happened to her while she lived in this house, it would haunt her for the rest of her life as well. There was only so much guilt a person can carry and Riddhima had reached her end when she had thought both Ragini and Vansh were dead back then. 

The return of Vansh brought back a tiny flicker of hope that she could protect his family with his help and maybe helping them from Kabir and his mother plan would help Riddhima feel less guilty but apparently she wasn't to be trusted by anyone.

Riddhima refused to dissolve into tears over his lack of trust , she will not give up on Siya when she is in danger and she would do everything in her power to protect them from Kabir and once she knew they were safe , then she will walk away from this house leaving Vansh and his family.

She went to the cupboard to pack up her suitcase , it felt like she could no longer stay at this room , maybe she should move to Siya room and sleep on the couch instead because that way she can protect her as well as be away from  Vansh .