Raya and the Last Dragon - Spolier Review

*this is was a follow up to the last chapter which I had made months ago before the official trailer released*

I know this new Asian Disney Princess has some slay to it, but actually there were some concerns for me (in my opinion) that bothers me for the tiniest reasons. And I'm here to talk about it.

Hey! And today, I'll gonna be doing a spolier review for Raya and the Last Dragon. But note, if you want to see this movie, please watch at a nearest cinema or watch via a primer access (mine actually is I had gotten a third-party app that I was currently using to notify when new animation stuff pops up) and once you're done with that, be back here to read my review.

This movie has a lot to take in. From my first watch, I'm actually bothered by some fight scenes that has something to do with rivalry against all five lands. I was so quickly amused by how this story drives me to the point where I would just become bored of it. But do thank myself cause I just gave it a second watch and I had come to the point where I saw how the story had driven between Raya and Namaari.

The story was fast paced and I do really loved how they potrayed Raya's character arc, especially that she has finally grasped on to what her father wishes to forgive and reunite the entirety of Kumandra.

And what does it interest me is the story arc of Namaari where she was inspected at first and the second as the antagonist and on the third act, she had became allies with Raya. And there was this one scene where Raya hands her over the broken dragon gem and she just sacrificed herself towards the Druuns, following her other allies that they were following (and forgiving) Raya's advise and they just let her decide if she'll gonna take those dragon gems back to her mom or she'll take a leap of faith and just put it together before the gems entirety of magic was vanished. She really did that decision and she finally puts it all together just as the gem has lit out.

She did joined Raya's side and she just let the monsters went through her. But thankfully at the end, she had finally forgiven Raya and they had become best friends again.

The other character that stands out for me is Sisu, the mighty last dragon. And I must say though, I already stan her the most. She was quirky, yet funny at the most of the movie (but sometimes, I could only love this movie because of only that dragon). And I do love some of the parts where Boun is actually telling her that she must grab the items for her gift and she had to say that she'll had to pay it later. And another one where the con baby was actually touching her face and she goes like "hey, I'm Sisu!". That brought me to adorable laughs everytime.

The plot was great. The first act did introduce us to how does the rivalry began and how it does truly sets up for the main protagonist for the challenge that she'll must conqure. And the second act, I must say it was fast paced. At least the third act was good though, despite the original ending does give some horror to it but thankfully for the sake of Disney, they managed to give us an ending that was surely not to offend us. (and admittedly, this movie is a lot to take in from me, unlike Moana though, it does take me the time to look around that scene and it was slow paced)

The animation was truly stunning. AND I LOVE HOW THEY ANIMATE SISU'S FUR. It was truly amazing to see how far the animators go. Especially the water droplets and everything, ugh. I'm surely cannot wait for Encanto (next Disney film that's a musical, yas). The fight scenes are so authentic, I love how they handled the sticks (the arnis) and karate and they just battled it out. (Note; I'm generally impressed that they did that alongside their own culture/story trusts observing their every move)

And...I kinda getting bored of reviewing the minor details up. But the problem with me with this movie was it was truly fast paced. Like I really felt so excited for this movie and as soon that I've seen it, it truly stresses me out (or in this case, minor sensory issues). I know I wanted praise this movie and it's new Disney princess, but I do agree to some people that maybe this will work as a Disney series that was truly slow paced and it takes the time for me to breath from those battle scenes.

Well unlike other movies that I've watched that were slow paced, this is the first time that I experienced a movie that was fast paced and I cannot stop complaining myself how I could watch this movie again without stressing myself out from all those battle scenes.

So...I would easily think that would serve now as a rant. But if you've check out this movie, tell me from the comments about what do you think about this action filled Disney movie.

For what I think about Raya, that she was rebellious and yet, she was the closest to stand out between Moana and Mulan. I couldn't say if she was Disney Princess (cause her father told her that she was Princess of Heart), I didn't know if it was official but I'll just gonna wait a (virtual) royal welcone at Disney World. Whenever when it'll come on.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you on the next one! 💖💖