You've got that young blood

Taehyung's bag slipped out of his hand until the dull thud was heard in the room. The omega blinked his eyes and rubbed them before he finally gasped. "Yoongi! What are you doing here?"

"What do you think? I couldn't really let you be sad on your own in this big city." The guy grinned, his gummy smile showing off just how proud he was. He slowly opened his arms as an invitation, knowing the boy would take it. "If you can't come to be, I can come to you."

"But you have classes." Taehyung cried out but didn't hesitate to break out into a run and be engulfed in one of his hugs. Yoongi rubbed the boy's back and sniffed his neck, Jungkook's scent still present on the mark.

"I can follow them online, it's no big deal," Yoongi spoke before pushing the boy away by the shoulders and staring him in the eye. "Anyway, let's go see the city. Are there any good places to eat? I'm starving."

"I can't believe this." Taehyung shook his head. "Does Jungkook know that you're here? Where are you staying?" 

Luckily his cousin was nowhere to be seen. Taehyung hadn't expected Yoongi out of all people to appear in his living room when he came back from classes. It had been only a few days since he phoned Yoongi to tell the boy about his troubles.

"In a hostel on the outskirts of the city," Yoongi answered. "And no Jungkook doesn't know yet. I thought we could visit him together later on, but I first want to catch up with you."

"You already know everything." Taehyung pouted and his shoulders were finally released. "I've told you everything."

"Not everything can be said through the phone. I think we have enough to discuss." The older boy said and then grabbed the omega's arm. "Now can you please take me to a good restaurant? I'm starving."

Taehyung frowned. His mind was still trying to catch up with seeing Yoongi standing in his living room in Seoul. "But-"

"I'll pay for your meal."

The omega faltered at that. Yoongi's eyes were almost begging him to go and so Taehyung finally smiled and let himself get tugged towards the door. "How did you even know where I lived?"

"I asked Namjoon," Yoongi told him before slapping his shoulder. "Now stop asking questions. I won't be answering any until I'm seated in front of a plate filled with food."

"So Taehyung." Yoongi finally started once a big bowl filled with steaming noodles was placed in front of him. They were sat in a small restaurant downtown where the food was a bit cheaper but at least as good as the fancy restaurants most people went to. "How's life in Seoul?"

"I already told you everything." Taehyung grabbed his chopsticks and dipped them in the chicken broth. "Life here sucks but at least I have Jungkook."

The words were blurted out before Taehyung realized what he had actually said.

"Taehyung," Yoongi uttered,  eyes flicking up from his food. "That's not how it should be."

The omega let a deep sigh consume him. He should have expected this. Yoongi was worried about him. That's why he came to the city. "I know." Taehyung felt guilty now.

The lively chatter in the restaurant was in clear contrast with the grey cloud growing above Taehyung's head, dampening their mood.

Yoongi watched the other stir his noodles but having no intention of actually picking them up and eat them. The boy worried for the other and so he sighed. "You should be happy and not just because Jungkook's here. You followed Jungkook's dreams but did you ever wonder what yours is?"

"I don't know what I want to do." Taehyung deadpanned. His insecurities were crawling back inside his skin because of the other's words. He didn't like the turn this conversation took.

"Do you like the classes you're taking now?" Yoongi asked him but Taehyung shook his head. "No, they're boring as fuck."

The boy cocked his head to the side. "Then why are you taking them?"

"Because-"

"It's a college close to Jungkook's?" Yoongi guessed and watched the other nod.

"Yeah." Taehyung looked up to stare at the other. He dropped his chopsticks as they soaked in the broth. "I know what you're going to say but everything you're about to say you should know I have said to myself countless times before."

"I don't want to be the one stopping you from doing anything but, I think, you should look for your happiness Taehyung. A lot changed since we met but this boy sitting right in front of me looks miserable compared to the one that lived back home." Yoongi told him and Taehyung could feel the emotions rise to his head bringing tears to his eyes.

"Everything was great there." He croaked out, sounding hopeful when he thought back to those days.

"I don't know if you want my advice but I think you should come back home," Yoongi said. "Take a break, think about your studies and what you really want to do because after all, you've only been here half a year. It's not too late to start something else."

"But Jungkook-" Taehyung hesitated.

"Jungkook will be fine. Maybe if you live back home he finally actually acts on his promises to visit us. The boy is too damn obsessed with winning a swimming medal and acing all his exams."

"I don't know", were Taehyung's final words before he was done with the conversation and led it in another direction. Yoongi understood the hint and didn't bring the topic up again but inside, as he stared at the sad expression in the omega's eyes, he knew something had to change.

»»————- ♔ ————-««

"Let's go to Jungkook's place now," Taehyung said with a bright grin, tugging the other along. They had finished eating an hour ago and had been strolling through Seoul's shopping street until they were slowly nearing Jungkook's college building.

Yoongi was glad to see the other smile again. He might not want to admit it but just the thought of Jungkook seemed to make the other happy and if that wasn't true love, Yoongi wasn't sure it existed.

"What should I expect? Has he turned into a full jock yet?"

The omega tutted. "He's still the same old Jungkookie so don't worry. You'll recognize him in an instant."

Taehyung led the boy to the floor Jungkook's dorm was situated at and then knocked on the door. The omega bounced on the balls of his feet while Yoongi was nonchalant as ever, waiting for the alpha to open the door and attack him with a hug.

To both their disappointments, Yugyeom, Jungkook's roommate answered the door instead. "Oh Taehyung, hi!" The boy grinned. "I suppose you're looking for Jungkook?"

"Indeed. An old friend from our town came to visit us and we want to surprise him." Taehyung explained and he brought a hand down on Yoongi's shoulder. "Can you tell us where he is?"

"I think he said he had an appointment with someone at the coffee shop near our building. I can bring you there actually, I'm really craving a double espresso."

"Tough assignment ahead?" Taehyung guessed with a chuckle. The boy nodded. "Yeah and I cannot fall asleep like last time. I almost slept through the deadline."

The boy wrapped a scarf around his neck while slipping into his shoes. "Let's go. I'm curious to see how Jungkook reacts."

Yoongi smiled. "He better be happy or I'll whoop his ass to the North Pole."

MWUAHAHA HAHAAHAHAH